• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Adobe Community Help" keeps popping open (Windows)

Participant ,
Jul 07, 2011 Jul 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Community Help keeps popping open when working within Adobe Photoshop CS5. I'm not sure if I'm doing some sort of shortcut that causes it to open, but sometimes (maybe once instance, during a 40hr week) Adobe Community Help will open in a Window while I am doing stuff in Adobe Photoshop CS5.

I'm not sure what causes it, but I'll close the Community Help window, and then continue working in Photoshop, and it will open again. Only way to keep it from opening back up again is to close and restart Photoshop. This has happened to me on my home PC as well, and in previous versions of Photoshop, if I remember correctly. I am using Windows 7 now, but I think I've had this happen on XP too.

Is it because there are updates available? Is it because I'm doing some sort of weird shortcut that I don't know about?

An example: I was transforming an object (using the mouse, clicking, using shift button while moving the cursor, using the space bar while panning, etc.) It just opened again. Guess it's time to restart Photoshop...

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014
Hi everyone,

The Photoshop CC 14.2 patch has the fix for this issue. Details are at the following blog post:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

The CS6 (13.0.1.3) patch has the fix for this issue. Details are at the following blog post:
http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotco...

For both versions please select " Help -> Updates" to patch Photoshop to the latest version.

I wanted to thank all of our customers again for helping with this fix especially Garconis who started this thread. ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013
Hi everyone,

The CS6 (13.0.1.3) patch has the fix for this issue. The readme specifically names this fix along with a number of others:

"Notable Windows specific bugs fixed

While using Photoshop (e.g. Color Picker or Layer Styles) PS launches browser with Help URL and crashes"

This fix is Windows only and is available for free simply by choosing Help->Updates from within Photoshop CS6.

This fix will also be released in a future Photoshop CC release for Creative Cloud subscribers.

For more ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013
Hi everyone,

This is Jeff Sass one of the Photoshop Engineering Managers.

First, I wanted to apologize how long this bug has been in Photoshop. It was quite challenging to reproduce and we have been trying for a long time.

Second, I wanted to share the good news that we have been able to reproduce this bug in house with our automation system and have a fix for this issue that will be released in a future version of Photoshop. This fix is a Windows only fix (we haven't seen any reports of this...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 437 Replies 437
417 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly cant wait for the CC fix, cause this is a really annoying problem. Sometimes it opens so many windows that my chrome tend to crash almost instantly.
Glad CS6 has been updated, but I'm paying CC and have to wait even

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paula,
We are very close to releasing this for Photoshop CC customers. I do apologize for the delay!
-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

The Photoshop CC 14.2 patch has the fix for this issue. Details are at the following blog post:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

The CS6 (13.0.1.3) patch has the fix for this issue. Details are at the following blog post:
http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotco...

For both versions please select " Help -> Updates" to patch Photoshop to the latest version.

I wanted to thank all of our customers again for helping with this fix especially Garconis who started this thread.

Thanks,
Jeff Sass

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes via Color Picker window (using now CS6 Extended/Win7), when I click the color and it then occasionally launches a website to Help section and then usually Photoshop crashes. It doesn't seem to matter from where I open the Color Picker (from the under the toolbar or i.e. from via Layer Style window settings). It's quite random to me and doesn't happen every day but sometimes. I think this bug has been there for quite a while already, in CS5.5 I think also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Yosemite on my iMac and now Photoshop works for one opened file, then either the file goes black or when I open the next file, it is corrupted and looks like pieces of other files I have opened. Please help! I need to work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a bug where occasionally Photoshop (CS6 & has happened on previous versions and different PC's) opens the help website for no reason when bringing up the colour picker. This wouldn't be too bad as it's just a case of closing the tabs, but nearly every time this happens the program crashes and loses any unsaved work. This is an incredibly frustrating bug that has lasted over many variations of the software and really needs to be patched.

The rest of the program is superb, and I wouldn't change it, but please find a fix for this issue.

Thanks,
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your CS6 is up to date: http://adobe.ly/PS-Up-To-Date It is fixed in the latest updates for all versions of CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you can say is that this bug has been fixed but working on an up to date Photoshop CC says otherwise. You are the worst company EVER, just because you are a monopoly you do what you like.

Well let me tell you something, me and many designers like me already decided to never buy from you again. Replacment software keeps appearing in the market and will keep doing so ever more rigorously as long as you guys spit in our faces. We had enough of how Adobe treats it's Customers.

Not to say the developers are bad but your CEO's are.
I hope they go out of business and go to jail and you dear developers find a job in a good company that cares about it's customers.

This is just insane!!! this bug is like 15 years old or something.
SHAME ON YOU ADOBE SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Assaf, this issue has been fixed and confirmed fixed by numerous customers. I don't see an active CC membership under the account using the email address you've posted here. Is it possible it's under a different email address?

Could you please provide your system info on the system you're having issue with? It's possible you're missing an update. Directions for sharing your system info from Photoshop:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop CC is at the office I work at.
I will share the details here once I get to the office.

Thank you for the quick replay and excuse my anger.
But I am angry,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a fix for CS 5.5?

It keeps popping and I can't even go back to work on my project, every time I try it pops a new screen. On and on and on and on and on...

Should I upgrade to CS6? (I don't need CC for now).

Regards,

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andre,
There is no fix for CS 5.5. If you upgrade to CS6 then you will get this fix as long as you apply the latest patch 13.0.1.3 to your Windows version.

Thanks,
Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff, where can I go to upgrade (link)? Bear in mind I've upgraded from CS5 a year or so ago, to 5.5, and it was a strange process. Will this be straightforward?

Thanks!

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trick Photography And Special Effects E-book

Become Unique, Creative, And Artistic By Taking Breathtaking Photographs That Blow People's Minds Away! Dozens Of Rare Trick Photography Ideas Are Included In This 295 Page E-book, Along With 9 Hours Of How-to Photography Video Tutorials. Click this link to download the ebook http://trickphotographyandspecialeffe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Become Unique, Creative, And Artistic By Taking Breathtaking Photographs That Blow People's Minds Away! Dozens Of Rare Trick Photography Ideas Are Included In This 295 Page E-book, Along With 9 Hours Of How-to Photography Video Tutorials. Click this link to download the ebook http://trickphotographyandspecialeffe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate