Exit

P: "Export as" dialog default button

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Redirected from Adobe Forums to report this here:

Just a quick question out of frustration probably: Why the heck is the default confirmation button "Export All..." not mapped to Enter/Return key like it was earlier? It is highlighted, yes, but it forces me to grab a mouse, point it and click it in place of quick and good ol' "Enter".

Just a little insignificant detail but it really can be annoying...

I'm on MacOS, but it seems it's the same on Windows.

Any chances to do something with it?

Best

M

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019
This issue should be fixed in the current version, Photoshop 2020 v21.x or later. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting. Engineering is looking into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Photoshop, if I try to export an image using File > Export > Export As, then I cannot use the Enter / Return key in the pop-up dialog window to commit to the settings displayed there and to export the image to my hard drive, even though the "Export All" button is highlighted in blue as the default option to commit to. I also cannot use Cmd-period to cancel and to dismiss the pop-up dialog window.
This totally goes against how macOS works, and it makes for a very slow and frustrating experience when using Photoshop.

Note that this problem does NOT occur when using File > Export > Save For Web (Legacy). When using this option, the Enter / Return key works fine, and so does Cmd-period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2019 Sep 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very persnickety, but I use Export As so frequently that it slows down my workflow ever-so-slightly, which is slightly annoying. 

Ever since the last update, when using the File > Export As feature in PS, the return key does not work to click Export All..., requiring a mouse-over and click to move forward. I'm someone who relies heavily on hotkeys and muscle-memory to perform my job quickly, and this small hangup has been giving me trouble ever since the last update. I'm sure it's just an overlooked bug since it is such a small issue, but I would be so happy if it was fixed. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed in the current version, Photoshop 2020 v21.x or later. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still broken in 23.5.1 for macOS. Choose "Export As" -> press enter. Nothing happens. You have to manually click the export button. Total workflow destroyer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still busted in 24.0.1 on Windows 11... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still broken - Windows 11, Photoshop 25.1.

(If one Tabs or Shift+Tabs around enough to focus on the Export button, it can work. But not by default with <enter> like would be consistent with other cases and other applications. Very frustrating.)

Votes

Translate

Translate