P: "Select and Mask" consistently hangs or crashes with OpenCL enabled

0 Votes
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just switched to the new Photoshop 2022 (23.1) and with OpenCL checked in the Advanced Settings of the Graphics Processor Settings, when using an Action that incorporates the Select & Mask feature for refining the edges of a mask, the whole thing freezez and all you have to do is end Photoshop from Task Manager.

Switched to Photoshop 2021, even the first version 22.0, even the last one 22.5.4, this issue is still occuring.

Everything works fine with the OpenCL disabled, but if it's enable the whole think freezez when using Select & Mask in an Action.

My GPU is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop. Photoshop is using 70% (17444 MB), with a History State of 50, Cache Levels 4, and Chache Tile Size 1028K.

It dosen't matter if you change the History State, Cache Levels & Tile Size. If the OpenCL is enabled Photoshop will freeze. Again: only if I disable it it will work fine.

What about if we want and need the OpenCL?

I thin this issue is an old one. When will Adobe adress it thoroughly? It's frustrating already...

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! You might want to check an see if your GPU card is compatible with these newer versions of Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

And: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Make sure that your card is up to date and see if this issue still persists. Let us know,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU is compatible with these newer versions of Photoshop. Drivers are up to date. The issue still persists. Like I was saying - with OpenCL enabled the Select & Mask when used in Actions makes Photoshop unresponsive and all you have to do is end it from Task Manager.

So... the Select & Mask tool runs on GPU, but with OpenCL enabled there seems to be a bug with it. Other people were complaining about this even back in 2017...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alex, Could you share
1) PS help menu > System info
2) Crash log
Ps 2020 and newer: copy this folder:
c:\users\<loggedinuser>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\crlogs
3) Your test file and action?
It will be very helpful to get these information so that we can investigate. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate