• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Right clicking in canvas opens the brush panel and closes it immediately (wintab)

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When right clicking in canvas with brush tool selected, it opens the brush panel and closes it immediately. I have to right click another time to make it stay open. EXTREMELY annoying.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem around 9 years ago... I'm trying to remember how I fixed this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rinthe what other apps are running at the same time?  We suspect another app may be interrupting a PS tracker.  We need to figure out what app(s) those are and prevent that. Suspects are: OBS and zoom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photoshop everyday professionally. Nothing new was added to my workflow. Problem only started happening AFTER the update. never had it before.

apps running:
Photoshop
Bridge
Chrome
Spotify

I had to roll back to older version because the new one was unusable. Rolling back version also fixed this issue. So it's the new update that broke it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to blame other apps and I agree this is a new issue with the latest update; a bug we are looking at and trying to fix but we can't reproduce it.  That's the problem. There are several users who are experiencing this and we're trying to figure out what the root cause is.  

Do you by chance have a gaming mouse with related mouse software with it set to a high polling rate and/or GSync GPU+Monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, your title says (wintab).  Does this only happen with WinTab and not happen with Win Ink, i.e. with PSUserConfig (UseSystemStylus 0) disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce the problem now because I've rolled back. Title should have been WindowsInk, that was a mistake. I'm not sure if this only happens with windowsink or not though.

I have a logitech g pro mouse and have the g hub software installed. no gsync monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks Rinthe.  That info helps.  What version did you roll back to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You're welcome, hopefully this can be fixed soon. The right click also doesn't work in the layers panel btw. If I remember correctly, the right click was registering as left click in the layer panel.

I rolled back to 21.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate