• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Scrubby Leading Bug in Character Panel (appears after Free Transform of Type)

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed 13.0.5 update. I'm having trouble using scrubby input to adjust leading. The leading will snap to a different number after release from scrubby input.
This occurs after scaling text layer.

To reproduce:
create new file 1000 x 1000 @ 72PPI
Type in two lines of text at 72 pt.
Go Edit >Transform>Scale and scale text either up or down, commit transform.
Select the two lines of text and use scrubby to input leading value. after release of scrubby the leading value jumps to unexpected numbers.

I thought this got fixed at some point? I guess not.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013
Okay, I can finally post this:

We have made many fixes to the behavior of transformed text and they are now available in the latest release, Photoshop 14.1, which you can download RIGHT NOW. I will acknowledge, there are still a few lingering issues to resolve, but for most users, these fixes should handle their problems. We felt it was better to get a partial fix out now than a perfect fix in the future. We are still planning additional improvements for a coming release.

If you are still ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
18 Comments
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a problem with all character panel input after scaling. Not just scrubby. I think this is an old bug that was fixed, but got broke again on last update. Sounds similar to other post today regarding text problems after scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is such a waste of time! Amazing how the whole new pitch to sell users on the idea of going for the Creative Cloud is so that your programs will always have the ability to get updates. Who wants updates when you've got to put up with this crap!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is finally getting some attention. I just hope a fix is provided to CS6 users too (since it was introduced in an update)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see something saying a fix is in the works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. But since there is a post (in another thread on same topic) from Chris Cox and another post (in yet another thread on this topic) with a quote from Kyoko Itoda, I now know it has been seen by people who can get it fixed.

(sometimes it the bugs with the squeakiest wheels that get fixed first!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone ahead and logged a bug on this. It seems many of these are related to other fixes. With luck, we should be able to get this resolved soon.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I can finally post this:

We have made many fixes to the behavior of transformed text and they are now available in the latest release, Photoshop 14.1, which you can download RIGHT NOW. I will acknowledge, there are still a few lingering issues to resolve, but for most users, these fixes should handle their problems. We felt it was better to get a partial fix out now than a perfect fix in the future. We are still planning additional improvements for a coming release.

If you are still struggling with problems, by all means let us know so we can make sure we address them.

Thanks and enjoy!
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David-
What about CS6 users? This bug was introduced in a CS6 update. No fix for us?
It looks like Adobe has pulled the CS6 update that contained the bug. What are the steps to "downgrade" Photoshop CS6 to the version before the bug? Is this our only option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this be solved if the initial post was about the photoshop 13.05/13.01.2 update messing up the settings of values in the character panel, which adobe admitted was caused by the 13.05 (mac) and 13.01.2 (windows) updates?

Adobe's not going to leave cs6 messed up because of something adobe caused in an update, is adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles and Dan and everyone else,

Yes, we have not forgotten CS6. We are looking into putting these fixes into an upcoming dot-release for perpetual users. At this time, that's all I can say.

Meanwhile, for those who have switched to CC, the first round of fixes are available today.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been working on a solution to these bugs for CS6 as well a for CC. While the transformed type fix for the Creative Cloud is already released, that for CS6 is still being refined.

If you are interested, I would invite you to join a special prerelease program to validate these bugs really are resolved. All you have to do is respond to this message. I will then submit your name and email address to the program. You will need to sign a non-disclosure agreement, since this software is not available to the general public. Then, you can download and tryout the fix for yourself. If we've missed something, your voice can help us catch it and repair it.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, David--I'm dealing with this bug also (CS6). Wouldn't mind being involved in your prerelease program also, if there is room available. Same problem (Scrubby Leading Bug after Text Tranform). Tks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

foto de una jente

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,