• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Select and Mask Hangs with Wacom zoom

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Wacom tablet for everything in Photoshop. I constantly use the Select and mask screen to make refinements to selections when cutting products off white backgrounds. The latest update (21.1) crashes consistently when using the brush tool and the zoom is accidentally touched on the pen. I have to force quit Photoshop and restart with all of the selection I was carefully cutting out lost. When I roll back to previous versions the problem is not occurring. I'm on a late 2013 Mac Pro running Mojave 10.14.6. All drivers and operating systems are up to date.  

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
22 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meagan,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I'm filing a case on this now. You included a lot of helpful information. Would you mind sharing your Wacom driver version?

Thank you,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 6.3.38-3 Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else. As you may see from this reply, the problem occurs on multiple computers and different Wacom tablets. At work I use the small intuos on my work computer and at home I am on an Intuos Pro M. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing the 21.1.1 update to see if the problem is fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated tested and same issue. It has also happened to me when not in the select and mask screen now. It's only when I am using some kind of brush and accidentally touch my zoom button on the pen. This causes Photoshop to hang. I went back to 21.0.3 and did not have the same problem. when I re-map the controls of the wacom I don't have the problem but it effects my workflow so I just have to save often and be very careful of where my hands are when brushing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Our QE was not able to reproduce: I tried with the following but I cannot reproduce the crash. The screen recording of set up, etc, or additional details to consistently reproduce would be helpful:
  • Mac Book Pro (2018), 10.14.6 (Mojave), Wacom Intuous 5 touch, 21.1.1 20200312.r.121
  • Legacy Compositing on/off
  • GPU On/Off
  • Zoom using Cmd/Opt-Space-Click, Cmd/Opt-drag right/left (when Scrubby Zoom is on in Zoom Tool), Zoom assigned to touch ring on Tablet and to Pen

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to replicate it on two seperate computers. One is the trashcan style Mac computer, I am not sure which year, running Mojave. With the Wacom Intuos Small. My home computer is a late 2015 iMac running Catalina with the Wacom Intuos Pro Medium. I have not transferred any of the settings between the Wacom tablets but on both I use the bottom button on the pen for the scrubby zoom. I am able to consistently reproduce the crash when using a brush (first noticed in select and mask screen) I make a stroke and while I am making that stroke I accidentally or on purpose tap the scrubby zoom button on the pen and Photoshop will hang. I was able to fix this on my work computer by stepping back to Photoshop 21.0.3 but I have just been being more careful on the home computer and running the latest version. RISKY!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meagan,  Are you by chance using a Wacom Airbrush Pen?  I'm trying to understand how you are using the pen button to zoom.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One is the pro pen 2 and the other is the regular pen. It happens with both. Neither are the airbrush pen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you customize the buttons and if so can you please share how yours is configured? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. The lower button is the scrubby zoom and the top button is the right click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks Meagan. I tried to repro several times, most closely to your setup with a 2017 MBP with a Cintiq 22HD and a Wacom pen customized like yours. No crash. Would you please include your email in the crash dialog so I can search for it? I'll email you to be sure that I have the correct email address to search our crash logs for this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get the crash log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh you don't need to get the log — I'll find it in our crash database. But to find the crashes associated with this issue I was saying would you please put your email in the box on the crash dialog so I can match it to this crash. I'll email you at the address I have on file to verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok let me rephrase. I don't know that any crash logs happen or how to add my email to them. Could you please tell me how to generate the crash log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emailed you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Photoshop and still having the same problem. Super frustrating to lose work that can't exactly be saved when its a selection being worked on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i believe i am, and have been having this same issue for a while now and have been extremely frustrated that i haven't been able to find any one else having the same issue until now. so, as this thread makes me happy to see i am not the only one having this issue, i am still not seeing a fix which is a bummer. I send all my crash logs (most of them anyways, theres been a lot) I would love some help as well if anyone has found a fix or solution as to why this happens as i have lost many hrs of work since ive had this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you running? I'm not seeing any logs submitted against 22.0.0 or 22.0.1.

are you sure you're submitting using the Adobe crash reporter? Or are you submitting via the OS dialog?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Tivon Creager I just got much more careful with the pen. It is still happening pretty much every time I accidentally tap the zoom button on my pen when using any kind of brush tool in any of the Photoshop windows. I now save often which can't be done in the select and mask window and is very frustrating when you are almost finished selecting a complex piece and it crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meagan that could be a really helpful clue. Sorry to hear you're still dealing with this. I understand you not wanting to do a screen share or give more information because your situation is proprietary. Since we have so few reports of this behavior and we aren't seeing it internally it has been difficult for us to investigate.

Tivon if you're open to a screen share please email me at nicollet@adobe.com.

Thanks,
Hannah 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here always in zoom in phooshop. I use the keyboard zoom shortcut and as soon as the pen hits the pad it glitches and stops working. I then have to use yhe mouse to complete the task and save photoshop file. Only way to get things working again whils photoshop is still on is reinstall wacom driver from scratch and turn tablet off and then on and it then works for some tome untill it does it again. Problem seems to do it on zoom tool, not all the time the glitch turns into a wacom freeze out and not all ghe time photoshop crashes but nearly every 10 -30 minutes of activity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can screen share to sort it out

Votes

Translate

Translate