• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Select and Mask: keyboard shortcuts no longer work (macOS)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 'Select and Mask' workspace in Photoshop CC2019, the keyboard shortcuts for switching tools/adjusting brush size (eg 'z' to switch to zoom tool, '['&']' to adjust brush) appear to no longer work. This is actually quite frustrating, as habitually tapping a key to change a tool does nothing, and the wrong tool then often ends up being applied.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020
This issue should be addressed by the 21.1.1 update. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS/version are you on? Is your OS, Photoshop and keyboard all English? or another language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, should've included that: Mac OS 10.13.6; everything in English (although I've just found that my keyboard is set to Australian English, so maybe that's something). I haven't double-checked, but I'm fairly sure I've also had the same issue on a different machine still running 10.12 as well. No keyboard issues in the rest of the program btw, just in the Select and Mask workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, macOS High Sierra latest on Mac Pro, and Mojave on Macbook Pro. On both default English and German.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very weird. They're working for me on English/macOS 10.4.2. Let me try a few more scenarios.

Have you tried pulling your prefs file out of its current location to restore the prefs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I trashed prefs and tested, and it got a little weird: keyboard shortcuts worked. But only once. I was able to hit a key and change tools—once—and then they didn't work again after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I'd probably make less mistakes if they never worked, but Photoshop keeps fooling me into trusting it one more time. Very frustrating since Select & Mask can run very slow depending on settings, and having to wait... to find out you've brushed with the wrong tool is no fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not weird, just a major bug. The shortcuts weren't neither displayed nor worked on any PC or Mac I could grab my hands on since the release of CC 2019. macOS High Sierra, Mojave and Windows 10. Bug ID - PS-21243

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

going into library & caches and deleting it solved this problem for me. Seems to be working fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting Photoshop and even deleting User > Library > Cashes did not help here.While everything works fine in Photoshop CC 2018 in CC 2019 I have to reselect my already active shortcutset under Edit > Shortcuts. This way, at least the shortcuts in the dreadful Select & Mask work for one Photoshop session.
here is a video showing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k0YTXh9Mh8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue should be addressed by the 21.1.1 update. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate