• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Select and Mask Workspace preview selection tools

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Select and Mask Workspace an update of a selection made with any Tool (Quick Selection, Refine Edge Brush, Brush, Object Selection or Lasso) is NOT showing in the following Views: Onion Skin, On Black, On White, On Layers. In the Views Marching Ants, Overlay, and Black and White it is showing (MacOS Catalina 10.15.7)

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

I updated to 22.4.2 today and the issue is resolved for me.  Mac OS Big Sur 11.4

Votes

Translate

Translate
61 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is solved. This worked a few days ago just fine. installed latest updates yesterday and nothing works. Also any time I click on a text layer it auto rasterizes the layer. Extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*April Aaronson 

I haven't tried the July'21 update (22.4.3), but I can say 22.4.2 did fix all my issues.

I learned long ago, "If it is not broken, do not fix it", so I left 22.4.2 alone.

I will eventually test 22.4.3 but I am busy this week.

Try the previous 22.4.3 as often improvements break things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*April Aaronson

How frustrating! I'm not seeing the behavior you mentioned (clicking auto rasterizes the layer) on an iMac. Have you tried resetting your preferences? Will you try that first and then let me know if you're still seeing these issues? If so we want to know what's going on.

Thank you!
Hannah Nicollet

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to v22.5 and real time refinement still appears grayed out. I have uninstalled previous versions back to 22.4.1, deleted preferences, unchecking Graphics Processor in Prefs, deactivated Native Canvas in Technology Previews... basically tried every workaround mentioned in these posts and none of them have resolved this issue

MacBook Pro 15" 2018 • 2.6 ghz 6-core Intel Core I7 • 32 gb ram

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue persists in v. 22.5 for me too. Workarounds didn't work. Mac OS 10.14.4. Now reverting back to 22.2 and keeping my fingers crossed.

Edit: I'm even having this issue in v 22.2

Edit: 22.5 now works for me - but I noticed the initial preview was very slow coming. Maybe it worked the first time too, except I lacked the patience to wait long enough. Or could be because I deleted settings while downgrading versions, and that fixed it. Anyway, it works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running 23.4, still no change in the behaviour. Select and Mask does not work. I rolled back all the way to 22.4.2 and now it's working again. This issue has been dragged along for so many version, yet Adobe failed to resolve it over and over again. And don't even bother suggesting me first level support ideas. I did reset my settings, my battery is full, I did restart my Mac, I did re-install the app. Do you only job and fix your software, we are paying customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nobodyhomefornow, sorry to hear this. Could you share your system info as well as some screenshots of your workflow? 

Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Cory, thank you for reaching out. I've installed the latest release version (23.4.0) on a MacBook Pro M1 MAX running with macOS Monterey 12.4. For some not reproducable reason the «Select and Mask» function has stopped working. I've re-installed Photoshop version 22.4.2 with which the «Select and Mask» function works fine.

My workflow remains the same: I need to mask portraits on a repeating basis. I select the individuals with the lasso tool, click «Select and Mask», make sure I'm object based and click «Select motive». I then get the error message «There was no motive found that can be selected. Possibly, there are no distinctive objects within the image.» (Translated from german, I can't find an english original of the error).

This was working exactly like this in Photoshop 2022. With Photoshop 2021 22.4.2 it works fine.

– I reset my Photoshop preferences multiple times.

– I did not alter anything on my system by hand (what happens in the background of the system or your software I don't know)

– It stopped working from one day to another.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the error message in German.error_ps.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nobodyhomefornow, curious if you are running ARM native or the Intel build via Rosetta? 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why is this same issue not resolved a year later? I've put in reports about this issue many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate