• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Selecting layers in Layers panel acts like double-click with Wacom tablet - Windows 10

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unpredictably, when moving from my canvas to selecting a new layer, the cursor will behave as if double clicked.

This means that when single clicking the thumbnail it will bring up layer properties, and when single clicking the name it will attempt to rename the layer.

The issue is difficult to duplicate as it happens at random, but frequently enough to disrupt workflow.

I am using fully updated Windows 10 and a Wacom Intuos Pro. This problem does not manifest when rolled back to Version 21.0.3

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

This should be fixed in 21.2.1 or later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating the Wacom driver? I'm running 6.3.38-2 with no issues on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be good to know if any of these settings are different from the default: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the same Wacom driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Settings are identical. Worth noting these issues do not occur in version 21.0.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try backing up your settings using the Wacom Desktop Center app and then Reset Settings and Restart Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, along with clean slate reinstall. No effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Sounds like QE can repro and is looking into the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Wacom,

I've just installed the newest version of
Photoshop and everything was perfect until I tried to switch between layers using my Wacom Cintiq 22 HDT and a pen. When switching between layers using my mouse everything works just right, but when I use my Wacom pen to change layers, everything freeze and lag for like 10 seconds and random things happen with my layers, they switch their places, disappear etc. I was very concerned about that, since it makes my illustrating work impossible, so I tried to install Photoshop version from the newest to older one by one, until I find a version that works. And it seems like it's messed up from the version 21.1.2 up. Everything older than 21.1.2 works just fine. Also I checked that switching off Windows Ink fixes this problem but of course it makes Wacom pen useless because pressure disappears, so I guess there is something to do with Windows Ink option.

Also saw the post about this problem here posted 2 month ago and can't belive it's still not fixed...

Please fix it finally.

Windows 10, 2004 version (the newest)
Wacom Cintiq 22HD Touch
Problem accure with Photoshop version 21.1.2 up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select a layer from the layer palette it sometimes acts as if double clicked; either trying to rename the layer or open Layer Styles. This does not happen in older versions and is making workflow unmanageable.

My input device is a Wacom Intuos Pro.

I am using Windows 10 with fully updated software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like this has been happening to me too me for a while as well. I'm using a Huion H950P and when I go from working on the canvas to clicking on a layer with my pen, the layer itself will drag and drop somewhere and the entire panel locks up (I guess it was a double-click reading the comments) but the change wasn't visible until I slap the mouse and it corrects itself and the layers jump around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in 21.2.1 or later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies to write in an old thread but after having the same issue I've started checking a few settings and found how to fix it, I tested on two machines and work on both so I decided to write in case somebody will land here as I did.

Just go to Control Panel>Pen and Touch and then disable Press and Hold=Right Click. Now all works as expected, when I press the eyeball it will hide the layer instead of hide/unhide the layer, also when pressing an action, when set to button mode, it will run it once, and not twice, and other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate