Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: “Send to Lightroom” in Photoshop for iPad not working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

On an iPad Pro I am trying to use the full workflow starting from Lightroom Mobile, editing in Photoshop for iPad and, after my edits, returning back to Lightroom using the command "Send to Lightroom" now available in Photoshop for iPad (ver. 2.3). The issue is that, after hitting "Send to Lightroom", although the control is returned to Lightroom (where I can see a message saying "Receiving Photoshop Document" and the wheel spinning in the little cloud icon (top right) and "Loading Photo" message), the loading process never ends and I cannot see any Photoshop document popping up in Lightroom as it should be. The problem has been presenting itself on and off, but it seems now to be permanent. All apps and iOS are updated to the latest version. Has anybody else experienced the same issue or have an idea of how to resolve it? I have a ticket open with Adobe, but so far no resolution.

Thanks for your help,

Nic

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

This issue should be fixed with version 3.0 or later.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
45 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about ask about this. So glad I came over this post already, I think the app isn't working again as I can't send to Lightroom since the latest update

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can this be looked in to again. The iss is back and it's frustrating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me. However i have found a slightly less iritating workaround. After the image has opened in photoshop, manually close down lightroom. Then the Send to Lightroom button will work, and when you reopen lightroom your edited file is now visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam issue here. It's been 6 months since the problem arised and it hasn't been fixed yet. Any solution?

P.S.
Adobe, please fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged a ticket for this and the response i got initially was that this only worked on desktop, then i got told it should work and to uninstall / reinstall. Then my ticket just got closed as i apparently hadnt responded despite several emails and comments logged via the support page. Sadly i dont hold much hope of this getting resolved anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue will be fixed in the next build that comes out. Apologies for the breakage, and extended time it took to get the issue addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thats great news, thanks for letting us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed with version 3.0 or later.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still not working. Edits made in Photoshop on IPad are lost after sending picture back to Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - what are the version numbers of Photoshop and Lightroom on your device? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was probably impatient as I saw later that it saved the corrections that I had made in Photoshop and I was able to access the file in Lightroom, thank you for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear it turned out to be working. It sounds like we could both  improve on the performance and the information to the user about results. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since recent Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop on iPad this feature is working flawlessly. I am ususing Lightroom v7.1.1 and Photoshop version 3.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time that it doesn't work is when Photoshop wants to show you a new feature and it opens with that screen instead, but that's common with iOS apps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working again. Sends as designed from Lightroom, will not round trip from Photoshop back to Lightroom. No option to do so. It seems to have vanished. Have uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop. Have restarted the iPad. Currently using the Publish and Export workaround. Any solutions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addition, sometimes Lightroom sends to Photoshop ok, and other times not. I just tried to edit something in Photoshop from Lightroom and the image did not pass correctly. Inconsistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to get stuck and I I often need to tap “Edit in Photoshop 2-4 times before it completes. After editing in Photoshop, send to Lightroom seems to work consistently fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The open in Lightroom tan disappeared from my iPad overnight. Any idea what the issue is? Using iPad Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the risk of being annoying, have you tried restarting the iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate