• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Serious problems with exporting art boards

Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man these art boards are shocking I've just exported a load of art boards and the mask that was holding my smart object disappeared leaving it hanging out the side of my mask!! i didn't noticed and sent to client. then i exported another load of artboards and photoshop decided to shrink my smart object by 50%. what is going on. I am defiantly on the latest version i updated a few weeks ago. I'm not joking artboards have been photoshops worst addition ever.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017
This should be fixed with yesterday's release of Photoshop CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. AB totally sucks, once tried to make pdf using it, thought wow looks like great tool to do it, why not. So, not. Output was crazy. Actually idea is cool, but now is very raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its adobes attempt to match sketch they were noticing people were moving over to sketch so rushed through the art boards to try and match that feature but it was so badly done were are now on cc 2017 and there are still major issues we now have 3 people in our studio that now only use sketch because of photoshops poor art board introduction. I'm thinking about it aswell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple ways to export Artboards.  Which one are you using where you're seeing mask malfunction?  
File > Export > Artboards to Files...
File > Export > Artboards to PDF...
File > Export > Export As...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Export > Export As. the other ones give no control on how i want to export still cant understand why they got rid of save for web now we are left with something that doesn't work properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save For Web is still there, they've just moved it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Save for Web is found under File > Export > Save For Web...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah but it doesn't work like it used too, the reason i used it so much is in the name 'save for web' i need to use all its controls to get the images down in size so they were ready for web use. now when i use it, it just makes one big png that includes every art board and a nice big pasteboard area around them. Not really useful when i need individual art boards exported with the same control as save for web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, that's all kinds of terrible. Artboards/Export As were implemented but never refined. They both feel like they're still in beta to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bug assigned to a developer.  This is an issue with Smart Object scaling and needs to be fixed.  The workaround, which is a little self defeating, is to rasterize the Smart Object layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another workaround, which is better IMO, is to Ctrl/Command+Click the Smart Object layer thumbnail to select the visible portion. Apply that selection as a mask to the Smart Object layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also want to try changing some settings in the generator directly with this:
https://creative.adobe.com/addons/products/2274#.WQzehdLytEY
https://github.com/adobe-photoshop/generator-assets/wiki/Configuration-Options

Specifically the "use-psd-smart-object-pixel-scaling" setting which, when set to true will export using the rasterized layer data instead of trying to open the smart object in the background and resize it there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This should be fixed with yesterday's release of Photoshop CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate