P: Shake Reduction crashes

21 Votes
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two 16gb RAM computers, and on each using Photoshop CC 2019 with the .01 update, when using Shake Reduction in Sharpening, it inevitably seizes up then crashes the program. In addition, when I am asked to file a report, my email address is always reported as wrong when it is the same one Adobe uses to reach me.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019
We believe we have fixed the issues causing crashing with Camera Shake Reduction. Is anyone still having issues with crashing?

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
104 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "my email address is always reported as wrong" do you mean that the dialog won't accept your email address?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you submit a log with the email SamOstrow@adobe.com? I can search for that and try and find it in our crash logging system

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea how to get at a log. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just sent me a message that my message to SamOstrow@adobe.com was undeliverable because that address does not exist at Adobe.com.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to send a report to SamOstrow@adobe.com and received an "undeliverable" message saying there was no such address at adobe.com. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with shake reduction with 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff: I have seen at least a handful of users signing on to my post -- but have never seen a response from you other than on the email issue, which persists. I care far more about getting the Shake Reduction program fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Google search shows this as a talked about issue. It seems that old Sam used your email problem to avoid the main purpose of your post of four weeks ago. Are Adobe working on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, crashed almost 10 times on me over the last hour. cc2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue: shake reduction crashes the programme or it does not work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Shake reduction crashes on Windows 10. Filed numerous crash reports, but no feedback.  The problem was not fixed in the .02 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Shake reduction crashes on Windows 10. Filed numerous crash reports, but no feedback.  The problem was not fixed in the .02 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find crash buckets based on Rebecca and John's submissions with their email address. Engineering is investigating this issue. If you have consistent steps to reproduce, please let me know and I can pass along to engineering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting increasingly unhappy that you do not have my reports, because the email address at Adobe you provided me does not recognize me as a user. AND, as I have reported several times, the email service in the crash report function also claims my email address is not valid. And, yes, screen saver still crashes, event on .02, which I downloaded today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting increasingly unhappy that you do not have my reports, because the email address at Adobe you provided me does not recognize me as a user. AND, as I have reported several times, the email service in the crash report function also claims my email address is not valid. And, yes, screen saver still crashes, event on .02, which I downloaded today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does photoshop still continue to crash with all the updates to 2019 version. I dont have this problem with the 2018 vrsion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found your crash reports. Looks like you're crashing in the same spot. There's one other crash that looks like it's because of an AMD graphics driver issue. Is your graphics driver up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening on two different Dell computers in two different states. I run a periodic Dell service that checks for driver updates. The most recent one, on the computer in Maine, was run Monday and showed no drivers needing updates. I have no problems with other Photoshop functions that take time to execute or any other graphics work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an AMD WX7100 with the Q18.4 driver, which is the latest driver posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am downloading the latest NVIDIA (that's what's on this computer) driver and will let you know if it solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My driver is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huzzah -- many thanks for the guidance, Jeff.  I can't believe how quickly a test image processed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what my system is using. Radeon Settings Version - 2018.1206.1949.35667View Release Notes - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-2
Driver Packaging Version - 18.50.02-181206a-337011C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019
Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01377
OpenGL® Version - 25.20.15000.13543
OpenCLTM Version - 25.20.15002.58
AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0295
AMD Mantle API Version - 102400
AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.7
VulkanTM Driver Version - 2.0.64
VulkanTM API Version - 1.1.86

It says this is the best to use, however there is an update that I have tried before and it seems to make things worse so I went back to the recommended drivers

I am on windows 10 12 mg of ram.

I have even completely uninstalled ps and reinstalled it but that hasn't helped either 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD released today an updated driver for the pro series cards, 18.Q4.1.  Shake reduction still crashed.  Another crash report was sent.
Also, this new driver fixes according to the release notes color corruption in photoshop using 10bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Save time with Adobe Express quick actions