• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Shortcuts using Alt key aren't working correctly (e.g. Alt-Backspace)

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to press Alt-Backspace two times in a row to get it to fill foreground color after updating to CC 2018 this morning. Is there a setting change I need to make or is this a bug? Thanks for a quick reply. This is a big part of my job as a comic book colorist and driving me nuts today.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017
This should be resolved in the 19.0.1 update released last night. Please update Photoshop using the Creative Cloud desktop app, and let us know if it's fixed for you!

Regards
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 116 Replies 116
116 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be resolved in the 19.0.1 update released last night. Please update Photoshop using the Creative Cloud desktop app, and let us know if it's fixed for you!

Regards
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Gene!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be working the way it's supposed to once again.  And the leading/line spacing bug seems fixed, too.  

I just wish it hadn't taken 4 weeks for this fix. It took me less than 5 minutes to confirm that these two features worked - including the download and install time.  I hope Adobe will devote at least that amount of time to quality assurance in the future.

Sorry to get in one last jab, but Adobe earned it with this one.  Some people may thank you for this fix, but I can't offer thanks for fixing something that should have never been released in its broken state.  I would have rather Adobe delayed the release by 4 weeks instead of putting paying customers through this.   We pay a premium for a premium product and in return we demand premium performance out of that product.  

Customer Advocates, Official Reps, and Employees in this thread are to be commended for your patience and detail.  I know you're all just cogs in a giant a corporate machine.  The behemoth you work for needs to take a serious look at what's happening with Electronic Arts on Reddit right now, and then take a figurative look in the mirror, and realize that a major software release with bugs like this is only about meeting a deadline, pleasing shareholders, and being able to tout your new bells and whistles on social media in an attempt to attract  new customers.  Whatever it's about, it's not about the users.  

Customers are getting seriously fed up with the microtransaction business model and all the problems it entails.   Call it a subscription, call it software-as-a-service, whatever you want, but it's microtransactions and it's the business model Adobe follows now.   We may not have a choice in how Adobe delivers its product any more, but we always have a choice.  I've made my choice, which is to stick with CS5 and only use CC if my employer is paying the bill.  If you're not careful you may find that one day a majority of your most die-hard users have made their choice as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jjhgjghjgh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question!... Besides solving now the shortcut, does exporting a huge 3500x3500 file or below doesn't do the illustrator PNG Export bug?

What i mean is.. Exporting a file in PNG in illustrator 2018 (i repeat, 2018!) with 300ppi, transparency and Art Sampling thingy or whatever, it exported a 72ppi PNG in the  end... Ending up as a pretty WHAT?!d up pic... And making Photoshop look like a..Well, ya know what i mean...

Also, did the same bug got solved for illustrator 2018 too or...?

Sorry for the offtopic, but these are my everyday drawing tools and i must know..Also bug fixes etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update that I dl'd today fixes that and other issues, ver 19.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt-Backspace, Alt + Ctrl +0,  Alt + Ctrl +I,  Alt + Ctrl +C all shortcuts using Alt key are not working properly in Photoshop CC 2018. Please fix this bug asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They just pushed 19.0.1 version out, it should fix your problems. Check your CC app and update it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since PNG isn't print friendly, I've always seen it used as 72ppi, specially if you use save for web or quick export.
Have you tried saving as png, instead of exporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  This works.  Is annoying has heck, but it will work until PS fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kylie this bug was supposed to be fixed in  19.1.0. make sure you update your app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kinda triggers me with shortcuts on the last ver of CC is that if i MINIMIZE a window (and leave one sinked in the app, like unmovable unless i force it out by dragging it out) , then press CTRL+TAB where it should pop up out of it's hideout...Nope, it doesn't comes out, and the sinked window just remains there like "What's going on?.."

And people here told me "Oh, it's intentional since this version!"...Well sorry, but until they fix that i'm gonna use CC2017...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the issue. As a comic colorist, pressing ALT+Backspace more than once to do fills is a HUGE time waster. HUGE! To the point of switching programs, which I'm seriously considering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Are you sure that you updated to the latest version of Photoshop.  If so, can you describe what you're encountering, since this appears to be solved for everyone else with the latest release.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason, It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help > System Info... and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It is a common issue that faces a problem more. I can use an external keyboard as a solution. Check it for a social site creation for your website.web 2.0 sites

Votes

Translate

Translate