• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Single row of pixels are lost on text & Vector Smart Objects in CS5, OSX 10.6.7

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached a close-up image of the problem. As you can see there are a few layers of type, and some graphics behind it. The font I used is very common (Cooper Black) and the blue letter "r" in the middle of the screen is missing a row of pixels. Notice that the "r" behind it is the same font, but perfectly fine.

Obviously type in Photoshop shouldn't be doing this. I have noticed it with a number of fonts in Photoshop, but I've even seen it happen when I place smart objects from Illustrator. If I move the problem layer, sometimes it goes away, but more often it doesn't. Sometimes other portions of the layer will lose a row of pixels instead.

Now this problem may seem minor, since it is only one row pixels, but if you apply a layer style, such as a bevel, it acts as if those pixels are supposed to be that way. Therefore you have a bevel wrapping around that one row of missing pixels.

I have tried creating PDFs out of these files, and the problem still exists after the export. This makes printing a huge pain, because I have to go in with a brush and fix the problem layers before I print. This is something I have never had to do in past versions of Photoshop.

Image is not available

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015
Fixed in Photoshop CS6 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
15 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan. Would it be alright if someone contacted you to get copies of the files that exhibit this behavior if we can't reproduce in house?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Some of the files are pretty large though. These are also files I used for my job, so I need your promise that these graphics will not be sold or reproduced. Also, what would you like me to do with the fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonathan, Thanks. We consider all files shared with us as confidential. We have a customer FTP site/file sharing services we can use. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good to me. Let me know what you need from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice from your screen shot that you are currently zoomed in to 400%. Are these same pixels missing when at 100%? If you rasterize the layer or file (by saving as JPEG for example) are the pixels still missing? Are they missing when printing? I'm just wondering if we are dealing with some sort of display corruption or if the pixels are actually being removed for some reason. If Jeff hasn't sent you info for sharing your file with us, I can do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, these pixels are still missing when I zoom to 100%. I created a JPEG out of a file with the same problem, and the pixels are still missing. It also shows up when I print.

Please send me the info for sharing files. I don't have the actual example I posted initially, but I do have one file that has a couple different examples of the same problem.

It's a large, layered file that contains fonts. Please let me know how you'd like me to handle this.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another example. This time the pixels aren't missing, but there is a row of pixels added that shouldn't be there at all. A little different, but I thought it might help you figure out what's going on here...

Image is not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to FTP your layered files? I'd like to take a look at this problem, but it would help to see the actual problem files.

Let me know if you need FTP instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was never given instructions to upload my files. Please let me know what you'd like me to do.

Thanks!

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please e-mail me at jrubbo AT adobe DOT com and I'll send you the FTP info.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator's Mesh gradients are not rendering well when imported into Photoshop CS5. I get 1 pixel high horizontal lines all over the artwork. Also, the gradients are not smooth, I get a lot of messy banding. I tried importing the same illustrator cs5 generated file into Photoshop cs3 and it worked well: no weird pixel lines and smooth gradients.

I'll share a picture if somebody tells me how to post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2011 Aug 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christina,

Sorry it took so long to reply to your message. I thought that someone from Adobe would tell you how to post an image...

Anyway, I hope you still have your screen shot, and if you do, you can just reply to this post, and in the bottom right corner of the text box there is a button that says, "Add Image". If all is good, a dialog box should come up that will allow you to upload your photo.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I hope they figure this out soon...

Thanks,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christina,

Sorry it took so long to reply to your message. I thought that someone from Adobe would tell you how to post an image...

Anyway, I hope you still have your screen shot, and if you do, you can just reply to this post, and in the bottom right corner of the text box there is a button that says, "Add Image". If all is good, a dialog box should come up that will allow you to upload your photo.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I hope they figure this out soon...

Thanks,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jon, I don;t know why this message appeared here. I posted an image/screenshot of my problem in the original thread:
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Fixed in Photoshop CS6 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate