• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sliders won't move when rulers are shown (macOS 10.14.6)

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing PS 22.0, there are problems with my sliders. For example, doing a Select / Color Range adjusting the "Fuzziness" slider is problematic. If I try to click on the arrow and slide, it won't move. When I unclick at my end point, it may jump to that point. My best bet is to just click at a point on the slider and let the arrow jump to it. If I try to click, hold, and slide, it will invariably freeze, at some point, and I have to force quit. I notice this also happens with hue/saturation.

I'm on a late-2013 iMac, running 10.14.6. This also happens on a 2017 MacBook Pro, also on 10.14.6.

Thanks, in advance.

Allan

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

@dennis @jesajash can you confirm disabling rulers prevents your freeze as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate
54 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse & rulers are on, not sure if turning them off would help, I just always have them on! I'll try to record a video today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry  I'm using a track pad (MacOS 10.15.6). The freeze only seems to happen when I "slide" the slider with the track pad. If I click a spot on it, or type a value, it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video. *TimJankowiak is right, it's something with the slider, as soon as you touch it, PS freezes. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ye8e475yi3h1iu/SelectColorBug.mov?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. This looks like a variation of this
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-220-sliders-wont-move-when-rulers-a... which our engineers are working on.

If you hide rulers it should work smoother. The problem is it doesn't update until the mouse up when you move the slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had same problems, what worked for me was to not touch sliders at all, just go into the box with the numbers and either punch in the number you want or while you are in the box hit arrow up or down, hope this helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Program quit responding when using the "Color Select" tool. After clicking on the color I want to select a couple of times, the program locks and freezes. Have to force quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the color range tool - trying to remove the background from a sketch on paper - and changing the fuzziness or range makes my PC run extremely slowly until Photoshop freezes completely.

Specs:

MacBook Air 2020

i5, 16GB RAM

MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29)

Photoshop v. 22.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Every time I use Color Range to make a selection using PS 22. and 22.01, it freezes photoshop and I have to use Force Quit and start all over losing all my work.  This doesn't happen with PS 21.  I have both install at this time.  Color Range will start and as I start moving the sliders and/or pick areas, it starts hesitating and then freezes.  Then I have to Force Quit to get out of Photoshop.  I'm using an iMac 27in 5K Late 2019 with 40GB of memory and 1TB SSD.  My color card is a Radeon Pro 580X 8GB.  I'm running masOS 10.15.7 Catalina.  Also, it doesn't matter whether I'm using a mouse or wacom tablet to move or select areas.  Same hesitation and freeze occurs.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue-Color range selection freezes photoshop 22.0.0 build. System below
ScreenShot20201120at11.56.34AM-0ac7b1f1-f6a0-4c04-b470-777fdefc64ad-925915430.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem also.  Using iMac 27in, Late 2019 with 40 GB Ram, 1TB SSD.  Processor 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel i5.  Graphics card is Radeon Pro 580X 8GB.  I have PS 2020 still installed and I don't have this issue when using PS 2020.  Only happens with PS2021/22.01.

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same freeze. PS 22.0.1 on Big Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For folks seeing this, if you disable rulers, are you able to still reproduce this freezing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabled rulers and indeed the freezes are gone and Color Range works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dennis @jesajash can you confirm disabling rulers prevents your freeze as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

Yes, disabling rulers does make it work normally!  Thank you sooo much!  Hopefully, that will get fixed in the next update.  I really like having my rulers up when working on Photos and stuff.

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Glad to hear. I'm going to merge this with another thread. Engineering is working on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I drag the slider back and forth in the the Select Color Range Tool, Photoshop freezes completely.

Photoshop 22.0.1 Macbook 16" 2019  MacOS Catalina + Big Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my iMac using Big Sur macOS 11.0.1 and Photoshop 2021 22.0.1

Very frustrating to learn this problem has not been fixed yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround: hold down the Opt/Alt key and click anywhere on the bar where the Fuzziness slider is (don't try to drag the slider!). After you let go, the Fuzziness will be adjusted to where you clicked. No crashes or freezing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone who has this problem.  If you have your rulers active, you'll have this problem of freezing.  If you close Rulers, and restart PS 2021, the problem goes away.  I had this problem and made a entry into the Bug application for Adobe.  Jeffery Transberry came up with the fix to remove Rulers.  There were 4 of us with this problem and all of us got back to Jeffery that it fixed the problem.  Adobe engineers are working to fix this.  Hopefully on the next release.

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having this problem?  When using select color range filter and moving the slider PS freezes up.  Force quit when pulled up does not show that the app is not working.

I have the most current version of MAC and PS.

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug like that which occurred if you had rulers visible around the image, but that bug is supposed to be fixed in the last version.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohanElzenga  thanks...I hid rulers and it seems to have fixed the issue. I just checked and I don't have an update...hmmm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version number do you have right now?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 22.01 on iMAC 

Votes

Translate

Translate