• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Slow Curves Adjustment layer with zoom tool selected

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Ps 23.x most adjustment layers, unfortunately specially Curves, are super slow, throtteled and jerky. - Please fix that asap, thanks.

MBP 16, 2019, Core i9, 64 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5500 8 GB

MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

Appreciate any feedback. Specially if ther is a workaround to fix this prior to bug fix.

A video explains more than 1000 words: 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Thank you for that video.
Engineering has a ticket for addressing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
115 Comments
Engaged ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daniel Presedo , Smart Object / Rasterized File: no difference.

Resolution of a 45 megapixel of D850 or Z7, NEF uncompressed, sent AdobeRGB 1998 16 bit to Ps when rasterized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daniel Presedo , thanks for reply

1. Smart Object, lossless compressed NEF of a D850, 8256 x 5504, ACR settings AdobeRGB1998, 16 bit

2. Rasterized sent to Ps using same parameters

No difference. Slow and jerky on both, even after converting to 8 bit sRGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 @Daniel Presedo - has something on this page here been changed? Monterey, Safari, responsiveness of page is super slow. That's why I replied 2 x on Daniel's SO/rasterized question, didn't show up in my browser. My Internet connection is 300/300 Mbits - pretty sufficient so far... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 I have an Action that creates a scenario that easily replicates the slow Curves performance. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 12.40.24 PM.png

In the process of testing a fix and the results are looking positive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested 23.1:

- using curves on zoomed in image is still noticable slower than on not zoomed

- however looks like it is faster now (when I move point it is like 2fps previously it was below 1fps)

- on zoomed out image issue is fixed (no slowdown)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but no improvement here too. Same old super slow curves.

And adjusting mask with curves still almost not usable. Stays frozen for minutes before able to move any point. then freezes again for long time and do on...

please FIX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sorry, but no improvement here too. Same old super slow curves.

And adjusting mask with curves still almost not usable. Stays frozen for minutes before able to move any point. then freezes again for long time and do on..."

so I did some testing today with 23.1 and I see it is very slow on my real PSD photos but it is not so easy to reproduce that issue with new image created just in PS, after some experiments I think it is related to the masks because they make rendering slower, I will try to create video in near future with the way to reproduce that so maybe it will make Adobe interested in fixing the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologoes for the file drill. The issue is marked fixed for an upcoming updated, not 23.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453when can we expect update with this fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very frustrating! It is even worse as before. I am working today on 3 fils with size around 3-4 GB and each with 50-70 layers. Dealing with any of the Curves is almost not possible. Just super slow. What is going on!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and on my end, the zoom level doesn't have anything to do with the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping the next update but can't give specifics on dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 , installed latest update right now. Adjustment layer problem not solved. Still super jerky. Touching them is kicking in the fans and MBP gets very noisy.

No such problems in versions prior to 23.x and 22.x

Still the same probem as explained in last video to @Daniel Presedo (he contacted me by e-mail), you may check it here https://youtu.be/Lu0b4UYuR_Q

As far as I am aware of this, it is specially a problem since I updated to MacOS Monterey.

Hardware is quite beefy: Intel MBP 16 (2019), 64 GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, 1 TB SSD

May I please download somewhere Ps 20.x and 21.x? It's definitely impossible to work like so. Ps 22 and 23 are slow and unusable.

Honestly, I'd even prefer to go back to Ps 19 or even 18 or CS6, the last truly fast version. Please add that three download links also.

Thanks for the links in advance.

Happy New Year,
Roland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no update last night. 23.1 is the last version that was released. There is an update coming out in the very near future that will address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to bought new PC, because Photoshop was too laggy 

In the past, Adobe announced that when using the correction tool in the 22.4 version of Photoshop, the preview slowed down and solved the problem of delay, but the improvement effect was actually insufficient, and I thought there was a problem with my PC, so I replaced the PC.

My new PC spec is AMD 3800x / 32GB ram / RTX 3070 ti 

============================================

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.1.0 20211208.r.143 83e47c5 x64
Number of Launches: 7
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 10.0.19044.1466
System architecture: AMD CPU Family:15, Model:1, Stepping:0 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 8
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3800 MHz
Built-in memory: 32649 MB
Free memory: 23919 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 25096 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 80 %

=========================================

And I tested Photoshop with the files I worked on in the past.

The problem is that when working on high-resolution images with many layers, if the level, curve, and color adjustment are performed while expanding to the original size to check the details, the adjustment slide stops for two to three seconds and does not move as if it were caught.

This is a video that captures problems related to this in the past.

If it's simply a computer performance problem, the following phenomenon is not explained.
If the layer itself is corrected, there is a delay, but when the adjustment layer is placed on the layer and corrected, there is no delay

As a result of several tests, I found that the problem of Photoshop preview delay has not been solved, and I confirmed that the problem of delay is not a PC problem, but a problem of Photoshop.
The reason is that I found the same problem on the high-end PC of our colleagues who bought it together for high-end work. (amd 3900X / 128Gb Ram / RTX 3080 ti )

It was concluded that this meant that Adobe lied publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, this has been a problem for years now and i think that Adobe has just given up trying to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453is this fixed in 23.1.1? no information in release notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it missed making it into today's update. I'm hoping it makes it in the next one. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue is not that Adobe lied but that they don't have people to reproduce this issue. I can see it all the time when I am working on my photos (from Lightroom) but when I tried to create short way to reproduce that on empty image it is not so easy. I assume it has to be related to some memory buffers and they just never test it this way. What amazes me is how long this is not resolved - so why only subset of people see this issue and other are not. Or maybe everyone was using older version of Photoshop (which was disabled not so long ago) without this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gsync is a separate issue/incompatibilty - 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-cursor-stuttering-amp-screen-flickering-in-photosho...

The issue demonstrated on this thread (zoom tool selected prior to running curves/adjusment) caused a specific issue with caching/redrawing performance. This issue has been reproduced and it sounds like we'll have a fix in the next update.

Gsync support is a little further out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453could you clarify what's the status of this fix? it was announced on December 13 which is more than month ago, there were two PS updates in that time but this fix was not applied, does it mean it is not ready or has side effects? why it's not possible to say when it will be released? this bug is serious productivity problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacek Poplawski Looks like next update. Can't share a date, though. I will update the thread when it's available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The patch notes for 23.2 mentions this issue but it doesn't appear to have actaully resolved it. Disabling Native Canvas still provides a better experience - but it's still not as smooth or precise as the old 21.0.3-and-earlier versions of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate