• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Slowdown issues with embedded Smart Objects and animation

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Does not open files with smart objects (even with one extra small smart object. That`s insane).
- slows down while watching an animation
- slows down without any reason
in the end, nothing has changed since 20.0.0

I still works on 19.1.7
thanks Adobe))))) not

this is early beta - not a final product.
Just don`t release it. Test it, before release.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Photoshop CC 20.0.2 now available..

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.6 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.6, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aptem, I'm not able to reproduce what you're seeing. I'm wondering if there's some other problem or conflict happening that's machine specific. If customer weren't able to open files with Smart Objects, we'd be getting 100s/1000s of reports already.

Could you provide a link (dropbox/CC files) to a file with a Smart Object that won't open, and a file with the type of animation where you're seeing a slowdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. These images are subject of commercial secret. In any case, these errors are observed in all files containing objects that are intentionally - even new ones created in 20.0.2.
How can I help you to solve this problem? Maybe I'll show you how it works through Adobe Connect. And we compare how both programs work on my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create a demo file and screen capture that doesn't contain any proprietary content if it's easy to create?

I probably wouldn't be able to do a 1:1 screen share until next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is how it works in real time (animation freezes and file opening)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q6rngohtpp97ym/ScreenFlow.mp4?dl=0
I did not even begin to shoot the process of opening a file with smart objects, because it does not end. in CC2018 time is 15 seconds and in CC2019 is infinite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Artem, I can see the problem in your video but I cannot recreate it. It's either file or system specific. If I contact you via email would be possible to get ahold of the files to start troubleshooting with? Other than that, I'd recommend trying to restore your preferences. Getting a process sample during the open process while it's hung/slow/processing might help, too. System info from Photoshop's Help > System Info...  dialog from both 2018 and 2019 might also help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artem, thanks for the files. The engineers are investigating what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to see the engineers are investigating. . . . As many people know I had the Adobe "techs" back out V20 and I'm using V19. I'm still having issues mostly 'sluggishness'. When clicking on the drop down for the brushes, for example, it takes several seconds before the brushes show up and another five seconds or so after selecting a brush. I have even deleted all but one brush to see if that makes a difference and it doesn't. I'm having my machine checked out again to see if it is me before I make a fool of myself. But when the program crashes and windows pop-up when I'm doing something else altogether, I am a little suspicious. I never had an issue with previous versions, but maybe I didn't know what the heck I was doing. I have learned a lot by looking at the answers to other people's issues with PS. I'll let you all know what I find out, but it may be awhile. Good Luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, after upgrading to the version 20.0.3, all problems are still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

strange, but version 20.0.3 has disappeared and was replaced by 20.0.2. I upgraded to version 20.0.2 but nothing has changed. Opening files with smart objects takes a long time, and the animation slows down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is still not solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.6 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.6, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i agree mine wont open 😞