• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Smart Sharpen preview – slow in MacOS 10.11 El Capitan

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Sharpen preview is a lot slower in El Capitan than in Yosemite. The preview is sometimes blank/white for several seconds. Why so and will it be improved?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the plugin for Photoshop to work around the known bugs in MacOS 10.11 ?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the plug in with nil effect. For me the smart sharpen is now running extremely slowly after upgrading to El capitan on my mac. Has gone from 2-4 second process to 18-20 second process, greatly increasing time to process large numbers of photos. Please tell me that there is a fix coming soon, as it is too troublesome to go back to yosemite.Kind regards, Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem, I tried turn off preview and the problem remain, the only solution was (set additional options and use Legacy) that means ,go back to the old smart sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are seeing an OpenCL problem on MacOS 10.11. Apple fixed some of those issues in 10.11.1.

The plugin fixes a wide variety of UI slowdowns - you should check Help->System Info and make sure that the plugin is loading correctly (and you didn't forget to unzip it or something).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chris. Unfortunately this did not help. My hope was Improved graphics performance in Photoshop with El Capitan, I guess waiting is the solution for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I disable "Use Graphics Processor", the Smart Sharpen is not any slower (preview and when applying). So are my discreet graphics card (2048 MB) in use at all in Photoshop + El Capitan 10.11.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Help ->System Info to see which GPU Photoshop is using (and what it knows about the GPU).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you direct me to the plugin you are referring to as I have tripped over on through other chat rooms , Just want to make sure it is the correct one. Because I followed the installation process, unzipped etc. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin is linked in my first reply tho this comment above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
oh yeah. Thanks for that. That is the one I have already tried. Tried it again and no joy. Thanks for your help. Cheers, Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate