• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Spinning Beach Ball PS 23.3.1, 23.3, 23.2.2, 23.2.1, 23.2, 23.1.1

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spinning Beach Ball with every function on all recent updates since 23.1.

I work on large files (over 6G) with multiple layers and have been plagued by this incessant spinning beach ball for the last couple years with updates.  The most stable version I have been able to find as of late is 23.1 and that has it's crash issues but at least I am not stuck watching the beach ball throughout the day.  With each update remove all prefs, which is a pain in itself to have to reset workspace each time, do a clean install the new version and within seconds the beach ball starts again. Revert back to 23.1 and no issues, except for the annoying crash with brush size 00.  

PS 23.3.1    iMac 2019    OS 11.6.5    3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9    64 GB

Same issue with all recent updates since PS 23.1

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still SBBD? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still SBBD? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still SBBD? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rod mclean ,

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply. 

One last thing to try is to revert to 23.0.2 and see if the issue remains as others have noticed this version works in this situation.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rod mclean I've been able to reproduce a similar issue on some of my mac hardware for specific cases of layer visibility toggling along with zooming on a large file. Several developers across multiple teams have been profiling and attemtping to reproduce and find a root cause as well. We are trying to determine if issues are existing or regressions (performance work is ongoin for existing issues).

Can you tell me what settings for "Cache levels" and "Cache tile size" you are using in the "performance" settings panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response

Cache levels -7

Cache tile size -1024k

current version 23.3.1  and has been very stable with all files

-clean install, deleted all prefs including 22 settings (machineprefs)

Interestingly I upgraded to 23.3.2 and crashed almost immediately so reverted back to 23.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate