• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Stop messing around with nonsense improvements already

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on...every new update brings curve balls to people who depend on this software for a living!Its nice to have new features and so on,but why changing things just because you can?

Why change Refine Edges and introduce new bugs?Why mess around on how path points are shaped? Can someone please explain whats the logic on having on same path some points where when you click you grab the left "handle"  and then others are grabbed by the right "handle"?
This are all things that slow people down, as if it wasn't already difficult to meet often impossible deadlines!

Want to fix something?Fix the damn bug that corrupts files when for some reason any blur filter doesnt get rendered on smart object in16bit files, rendering the documents useless.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I had the same problem and didn't know why. I would invert only to get sharp results instead of soft! I think that select and mask has some merit. Should have had both tools available until you could fine tune the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't quite get what you are saying, I was referring to the new Bug that came along when Adobe changed the palette and name.
 It took me some time (and work delay as my temporary workaround was duplicate group then merge it and after "select and mask" it then copy mask to original group) to figure out why on earth it was now impossible to "refine edges" now named "select and mask"  on groups as it was, its grey out and impossible to lunch from palette, BUT... it is still possible if you enable in Preferences-> Tools  the "Double Click Layer Mask Launches Select and Mask Workspace".

Needless to say it only adds more delays because sometimes when you ́re in a rush and  just need to select the mask and accidentally double click it it freezes a bit and lunches unintentionally that "Feature".

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but when I do a FAD as refereed to by Calvin Hollywood. You set up a group, change to overlay, top layer to vivid light,and invert. apply surface blur, apply black mask to group and paint. But, the invert is suppose to go soft, but it gets crunchy sharp instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked great in PS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did Tool selection, now for some weird reason it keeps reverting to default, for instance Healing Brush keeps reverting to Spot Healing Brush.

Recently for some other reason I've yet to find out with one of the latest updates if I have several documents opened in different windows, say 2 or 3, and open up another one  from Bridge (ACR), Photoshop hides one or more of the windows, this is most irritating, if I do Alt+TAB (on Mac) and change programs back and forth it will display again thought.

I'm sure  other annoyances will come to my mind during work time today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue where in certain rare circumstances image data could become corrupted if placed image (Smart Object) was added/edited during bad state, was addressed in the CC 2015.1 update or later.

The tool selection issue with KBSC will be fixed by an update that is due out shortly.

Do you mean Cmd + Tab? (Opt + Tab is interpreted as Tab to hide panels in Photoshop) Are you running CC 2015.5? It has some improvements to z-order handling (which fixed an issue when cmd + tabbing between Chrome and Photoshop). If you're running CC 2015.5 and are having windowing issues, if you can make a screen cap movie of your steps to exhibit the behavior, that might help us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Cmd+Tab. Sry.
Here, would be really nice to figure out whats happening.

I might have been a bit rash but had a lot of "issues" like this while trying to deliver work on a very very busy week.
On closer inspection today I found out something I never had really noticed before about paths: you get used to work on certain ways and sometimes in a rush you change old habits and things start misbehaving. I had time today and did a test, turns out I work with paths  on clockwise movements around the objects and... if for some reason you work the other way around (anti-clockwise) even if the shape is the same the wings on the anchoring points will be grabbed reversed! I had never really paid much attention to this detail. I checked on CC2014 and its the same behaviour,so for all I know it has always been so.
Here:

I'll try to recreate and record the bug where a message says Blur wasnt able to complete because of program error when applying in smart objects that corrupt the documents.But here's a screen shot of what it looks like:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path thing does appear to be 'as designed' - Illustrator works the same way.

Still trying to grok the window z-order business with Bridge. 

For the last one with the plates and beers, can you post just the damaged PSD file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok. I've got the Bridge z-order issue. Will look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate