• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Text Size Scubby Slider and Up Down Arrow no longer gives live updates

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 19.0.1 this morning, and everything is lovely with the exception of the Character palette. I'm suddenly unable to see increases or decreases made to any inputs in the Character palette via the up- and down-arrow keys in real time (only when I tab out of a field or hit Enter to commit the change does the actual type onscreen update). I'm able to make updates with arrow keys in other palettes (e.g. Paragraph). I should mention that I'm on a Macbook Pro (OS 10.13.1).

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018
Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,
Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html
What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 152 Replies 152
152 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost all of my settings and actions when I downgraded - but a couple of people further up the thread have posted how you can make a copy and save the 'preset' folder before you roll back - you can then copy everything back in place and i think some people had success doing that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Leah. I've heard of successes and failures with saved actions and presets when downgrading. I'm just too afraid to attempt it at this point as it would take weeks to rebuild all the actions. Maybe if Adobe continues to drag their feet for another month or two, I'll take the chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know you could back up those settings when I upgraded/lost mine I should add though. However, least through this problem, I'll know for the future and I'm just lucky I didn't have many actions saved anyway - but I'll be backing up and saving all my program files from now on though incase the next update does the same 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your misery, Leah. I'd have done the same figuring "they carry over when upgrading, why not while downgrading as well?" I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how frustrating it becomes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marv,

It should be simple to copy the folders with your actions and presets in them, but at this point you're only looking at days, not weeks, for the next release so you may not wish to bother. 

Leah, what OS are you on? Are you sure you lost your actions? Upgrading removes previous versions by default, but installing other versions doesn't default to removal. Is it possible that they're still in a folder but they aren't imported to a previous version? If you want help verifying that tell me what your OS is and I'd be happy to help you look for them.

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,
Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html
What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

i am using the german version. I do not see this configuration windows when updating. I want to ensure that is the version 19.1, but I can not see it on the Creative Cloud App. I am currently using 19.0 and when I select "other version", the latest one is 19.0.1.

When I click to the link "New", this is new: update for a function, which automatically select striking objects; support for high resolution monitors and more improvements and bug fixes.

So, is it 19.1?

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19.0.1 shows 19.0.0 because they forget increment number
19.1.0 has fixed text preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hallelujah!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denny,

"When I click to the link "New", this is new: update for a function, which automatically select striking objects; support for high resolution monitors and more improvements and bug fixes."

Those are all new for this release, so yep that's the one! 🙂

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I missed it. I added new spam filter and just noticed all the responses here were being dumped into it.

I had trouble installing the latest update at first. When I clicked the Update Button, I was not being prompted, as show in your images, with the option to select "advanced." When I hit, update. It just starts updating. So, what I did, was try to find the presets folder of the older version I was using. I hand copied all of them to a new folder and then ran the update.

The update got to about 92 percent then stopped with the excuse that the folder already existed. Figured it was just a glitch in the Matrix so I tried again. Same result. It suggested I delete the folder. Well the that folder was in parent folder titled "butler" and my PC wouldn't even let me into it. I went into full out of control mode and attempted to the delete the butler folder but I was then told the folder doesn't exist.

I figured, well, problem solved then. I tried to install the latest version and it worked! I loaded up PS, tested the font size area using my scroll wheel and it worked just fine! Oh and all my presets, came along with for the ride so I didn't have to manually import them. Thank you! Thanks for all the time that you have put into this thread.

I cannot stress enough how horrible losing that feature made my life. It's sad, such a small change caused such a loss in productivity, it was insanely frustrating. I am thrilled it's fixed. Again, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erik,

I'm so glad to hear the font issue is resolved for you!

Thanks for detailing your struggle with the installer. I wasn't seeing the update on my personal computer either so I get it! (All I needed was a restart though - I didn't have to go to all the trouble you did). If you feel like making a post just for trouble with the installer (as in you could just copy and paste what you've written here about installation and create a thread just related to installation), it would be good to compile the installer accounts in one place so it could be submitted as a separate issue.

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added the post in the Problems section. Though this link says, "feedback" so, it's obvious I have no idea what I am doing.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/trouble-with-the-installer

I also threw your name around like we're best friends. JK

Erik...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahaha that's awesome! Seriously you made my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now with the very latest CC 2018 version and I thought I was having eye/sight problems so went to Specsavers to upgrade my glasses. Tests proved my sight was as good as before.

Tried the other tips given - a) increase font size via computer settings and b) PS>Edit>Preferences>Interface>Large...well I was already on 'Large!! >UI Scaling>200 and WOooa HUUUUge result.....bla bl bla..

Lond story short, I have taken Hannah Nicollet advice and gone back to PS 2017 and can now read the type.

Just so as ADOBE knows, us oldie darlings past 65-plus years of age are just as brain smart operating PS, LR etc even though our eyesight mayn't be so good. 

Glad also to see even the younger generation complaining about this ridiculous mini font size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dinah,

This font issue was a problem in 19.0.1, but it should have been resolved at 19.1.

For a frame of reference, versions in order with CC 2018:

• 19.0.1 (contained this font size real-time updates issue)
• 19.1 (contained the fix for this issue)
• 19.1.3 (current version)  

If you were running the current version before going back to CC 2017 I find it curious that you were still seeing this problem.

That said, if for some reason you decide you want to use a feature that was new to CC 2018, I would be happy to help troubleshoot why you were seeing an issue that should have been fixed 4 updates ago.

In the meanwhile, if you are happy using CC 2017 that works too.

Thanks!
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running version Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.6 20180808.r.398 2018/08/08: 1185588  x64Number of Launches: 18
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.17134.1
and are still having problems with text layers and effects on text layers not updating in real time - I have to click ok change to a different tool and then click back on the text layer before it will show changes on screen....... anybody else still having these problems?
Cheers
Soren

Edit.:
All sorted - Photoshop wasn't using the Geforce GTX video card but the generic Intel driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Soren,

All these problems should be solved now.  If you do wind up having issues, please let us know here.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO. The problem is NOT solved. This is January, 2019. I just updated to the latest Photoshop CC. I am on Windows 7. I CAN change font size in Bridge. I CANNOT change font size in Photoshop, I've tried clicking the 'scale to UI font' box. Nothing. I had a friend on Windows 10 try. Nothing. I tried clicking 200%. That was a disaster, causing the entire screen to blow up to an unusable size. Yes, I still have Photoshop 2018. But the very reason I updated was to have control over font size. If this is a bug, it's been here for going on two years now!
Yvette Cardozo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yvette,

Can you share one of these documents with us?  Or perhaps we can do a web-hosted screenshare together, so I can see the problem you're encountering and help you troubleshoot it?  What you're describing SHOULD have been fixed and I'd really like to get to the bottom of the problem you're having, particularly since there have been no other contemporary reports.

My email is david <dot> mohr (at) ADOBE [dot] com.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at version 21.1.x and my scrubbies are not updating in real time unless I unclick  - it is very disruptive considering how it was working perfectly.  Why break this?  I hope this is fixed and soon - i have a class to do tonight and it's embarrassing to be talking about workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second what David said.  And further would like to hear from ANYONE who feels the loss of the real-time updates, when using sliders, is an advantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hanna - -I have been reading this thread and seeing that the real time updates will be fixed in a future release of the application - but everyone seems to be pointing to a version 19.x - -I have a version even newer - 21.1 and I still have the issue of the updates only being visible by unclicking when using a scrubbie.  I always thought versions were numerical and ascending - will version 19.x be newer than the 21.1 that I have now?  I know you cannot comment on when that version will be released but I just need to know if I am mistaking your numbering of versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike!
We meet again.  Sorry, I didn't see this message when I responded to your email.  So, are you running Windows or Mac?  And you're sure about your version?  Any other unusual aspects to your mouse?  This was a Mac bug and I just verified the fix in the current shipping GM.
Thanks,David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening again in 2021, which was auto installed on my system, removing 2020, which worked fine.

This is what we get for subscriptions. Software that is forced on us and breaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate