• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Text Size Scubby Slider and Up Down Arrow no longer gives live updates

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 19.0.1 this morning, and everything is lovely with the exception of the Character palette. I'm suddenly unable to see increases or decreases made to any inputs in the Character palette via the up- and down-arrow keys in real time (only when I tab out of a field or hit Enter to commit the change does the actual type onscreen update). I'm able to make updates with arrow keys in other palettes (e.g. Paragraph). I should mention that I'm on a Macbook Pro (OS 10.13.1).

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018
Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,
Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html
What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 152 Replies 152
152 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melquam and JEA,

Due to the failure of a(n unrelated) widget control, Leading was effectively broken for many users.  Not all had the same experience, but many found it totally debilitating.  We wanted to get a fix out ASAP but recognized that the consequence would be to disable live updates for scrubbing and bumping, due to the limited time.  But once the control is confirmed, the layer(s) will update.  Limited live-updates certainly seems like a much better result than Leading going crazy or failing completely.

We're actively working on a complete fix and I can say that I was actually testing this today.  I cannot tell you when this fix will ship, but I can say that I see no reason for the next dot release NOT to include this fix.  That's as direct and transparent as we can legally be.

We're sorry that this impacted your workflow -- the goal was to make this better for the majority of users as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Leah,

When a user-reported bug is fixed, we do try to put out a message on any thread that mentions the bug.  So when the patch comes out, everyone who is following this thread should get a message.

Thanks and sorry for the hassle,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep this is killing me. Fix it now! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the worst. This gives me a headache all day now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a really bad trade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is distupting my workflow more than I could imagine, please fix this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, revert to 19.0.0. The bugs there are less annoying than this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But be warned: you will loose almost all your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if you backup your folder and then replace the files with the ones you backed up. I did this myself and I have all the settings back (actions, brushes, workspaces, colours, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, but there are enough people who did not backup these folders and start the rollback - like me, heh 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did well in warning other users. I tried to edit the comment by making it clear. 
Always make a backup while rolling back. 

I guess it was the last time you lost your settings, ehehehhe. Hope they launch a new version soon. The 19.0.0 has the annoying bug where Alt doesn't work if pressed first/first time press.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even know you could do that?! will definately be backing up my settings in the future

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily I did not saved a lot of individual configuration. Yes, now I know it 😉 I haven't the issue with the Alt button on 19.0.0.
Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@leah, yes you can, but it is a manual backup where you need to go to the folders on your computer and copy paste them to a safe location. 
If you need help with the backup or folders locations, let me know.

@denny, I'm on Windows, maybe that specific Alt issue only happens in Windows. 

Greetings for both of you. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue with the ALT key is specific to Windows and PS 19.0 and 19.0.1.  It actually is specific to the order you press the keys in.  If ALT is not first, you should be fine.  Meanwhile, we're actively working on a fix, the specifics of which are in a different thread.

Hope that helps,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to just post a bunch of swear words at the moment, David. The leading issue had a workaround. This issue does not. If I'm understanding correctly, not everyone had the Leading issue, but lots did, so the solution was to break something for everyone that has no workaround so some who were too "debilitated" to use a workaround could function?

It just doesn't make sense. I'd be more understanding and would respect the company's position if you said something like, we screwed up, then we screwed up again, but we're going to fix it right away. Not, we had a choice between two broken versions of our software and we chose to worst of the scenarios and hopefully you'll have a working version on the next dot release.

Infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just rolled back to a previous version with the creative cloud app, pretty easy work around if anyone else is interested. It also leaves the newest version installed so whenever they implement the update I’ll switch back to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a time frame for this particular problem to be addressed? We are now two weeks out and I am trying to decide if I should roll back to the previous version. Very crippling for my workflow as I am sure it is for others.  🙂 Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knowing Adobe fix won't be coming this year 😉 Mark my words...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I found this page... this bug has definitely affected the speed of my workflow. I never realized how much I use that simple little feature on a daily basis, but once it is gone or broken, WOW! 

Definitely seems like a bad decision in that trade-off scenario. I keep checking CC app for an update. Hopefully it will roll out soon or else I am going back to 2017 where everything worked as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is INSANE. 

This is why nobody trusts updates anymore — a MAJOR FEATURE that any mid to high level designer would be using to adjust typography is non functional. 

Seriously — how about not making updates for the sake of making updates and focusing on quality?

FYI - this "inconvenience" is costing people time and MONEY, all because of your carelessness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. This is going on far too long....someone in management made a really bad decision. Won't be updating again for months after an update release. Learned my lesson! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The people making these decisions are clearly not users of Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate