• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Text Size Scubby Slider and Up Down Arrow no longer gives live updates

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 19.0.1 this morning, and everything is lovely with the exception of the Character palette. I'm suddenly unable to see increases or decreases made to any inputs in the Character palette via the up- and down-arrow keys in real time (only when I tab out of a field or hit Enter to commit the change does the actual type onscreen update). I'm able to make updates with arrow keys in other palettes (e.g. Paragraph). I should mention that I'm on a Macbook Pro (OS 10.13.1).

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018
Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,
Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html
What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 152 Replies 152
152 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

That's actually not true.  I and many of the other team members use Photoshop every day.

The thing is, Photoshop is used many different ways by many different people, from creating wedding albums to analyzing the patterns of bacteria growth in stained-and-photographed mold cultures to many, many other examples.  While you might not agree with the decision because it impacts your workflow, this was actually the best option to get a solution out quickly.  And based on the feedback for that problem vs this one, it was the right call.

It's fantastically hard to make everyone happy, particularly when time is short and resources are limited.  We needed to get a fix out ASAP and had to make a trade-off to do so.  But we're actively working on a solution that should ship with the very next release.  More than that we can't legally share without making all of you "insiders" of a publicly-traded company, with the Wall Street implications that entails.

Again, sorry for the hassle you're encountering,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

I appreciate you sharing your perspective as nowadays most big companies just don't bother at all to respond to consumers. 

And I also empathize with the difficult process of QA within software product management as I have been on a software development team with resources much more limited than a giant developer like Adobe and had users complaining about bugs... 

But  here's the thing — this is a MAJOR BUG we're talking about here. You've disabled a basic feature that Photoshop has had for over a decade (at least by my memory) that affects the UX of basic, precise typography adjustment, one that any designer will use on a daily basis. And you're speaking about it like its an edge case use. Well, that's just nonsense.

You guys messed up big time and are making us pay for it. At the very least, you guys could shut down the update prompts or give a warning on Adobe Cloud so that people don't get caught unaware and waste their time with a faulty update like many here did. 

(I AM thankful that Cloud makes it pretty easy to install previous versions and am not out looking for cracked software on the darknet.) 

Please, just try and get your organization communicating better so your left hand knows what your right hand is doing. Be our advocate and earn our business. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been two weeks since the official response. Any news on when we can expect this fix? My workflow is really broken with 19.0.1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been two weeks since the official response. Any news on when we can expect this fix? My workflow is really broken with 19.0.1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just revert back to CC 2017 - on the Adobe Creative cloud drop down under 'Apps' click and hold down on the little down facing chevron and choose "other versions".

It will install the old version back on your computer but you may lose settings (super annoying). But at least Photoshop will work again.

They should have never released 2018 in October, but you know — shipping software on the dates that upper management dictates is what's most important. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For God sake, fix this. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So some may know many may not but in Photoshop CC 2018 when selecting and highlighting text and highlighting the font size and then using the up and down arrow keys it doesn't change in real time on the fly like it did in previous versions....I thought this was FOR SURE a bug, but then today I spoke to an Adobe supervisor after almost 2 long hours with techs letting them drive my computer as if they knew they were going to solve this....which of course they didn't!  The supervisor told me this is expected behavior of Photoshop CC 2018 and that the feature was removed from this version?!??!  Is this a for real thing moving backwards in the software?!  I had more fun working in Photoshop 10 years ago I swear.  Please chime in if anyone knows if this is going to be resolved soon.  I uninstalled 2018 and reverted to 2017 which is perfectly fine for me!  Aloha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I contacted Adobe "support" and had a "tech" (who obviously had never used photoshop before) "troubleshoot" my issue for over an hour only for him to stumble across this very thread and say "oh, i guess its a bug and we are going to fix it"..... 

Seriously some of the worst support I've ever received

Anyways , you can read the responses in this thread. Official response is that they are going to bring the feature back in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you had that experience, Nick. Yes this is a known issue. If you'd rather go back to a previous version while you wait for the next release to come out, it only takes moments to install a previous version of Photoshop. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html (scroll down to "install previous versions of apps")

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Hannah, thanks for reaching out. I already performed that step. And am successfully working in the previous version. Unfortunately the “support tech” didnt offer any work around to me when “helping” me. I figured it out on my own.

I know you may not be involved directly with the support team and so my frustration is certainly not directed at you. It would be good however to pass along to whoever supervises or manages the support team for photoshop to
1) Check and be aware of known bugs so that they don’t waste a customers time when we reach out for help.

2) make sure support techs know the basics of the software they are supporting. The tech had obviously never used photoshop

3) don’t keep repeatedly trying the same things over and over without changing anything in the approach or in the settings and expecting different results. This was a huge time waster.

Hope this helps improve support! I’ve worked in IT for a few years and know this can be difficult to accomplish, but it is necessary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo Nick!
Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

I couldn't agree with you more, but had you not shared your experience I wouldn't know it happened. It's good to get feedback and to be aware that this was your experience with support.

We keep an up-to-date list of known issues/top customer issues, but obviously it's only as helpful as it is referenced. I would have expected the rep you spoke with to have access to it. I'm sorry for your frustration and I don't know why your experience was such that it was but I'll look into it.

I'll pass along your comments. 

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hannah! I appreciate the effort

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Nick,

I'd like to apologize for the experience you had with Tech Support.  Adobe's goal is certainly not to waste time or tick off users.  If it makes you feel any better (and hopefully instills more faith in our responses than Tech Support's), Hannah and I are actually on the development team for Photoshop and thus have a better window into what's going on.  Trust me, we are actively working on a fix for this bug and the solution should ship in the next release of the app.  When that is, however, we are not allowed to specify -- you know, publicly traded company and all that.

If you do have issues with our phone support, please do reach out to us via other means.  This forum is a great example.  We only know if there's a problem if you tell us.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David, yep I read through all of the earlier responses and I understand a fix is coming in a future update. Glad to know it’s being fixed. I did leave comments on the satisfaction survey I received after my support call as well since I assume someone reviews surveys to look for ways to improve support like my company does.

Sigh...If only Lightroom performance could be fixed in the next update... (wink wink nudge nudge)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Jesus, what a nightmare. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop you used to be able to adjust type styles (font size, leading, kerning, etc.) and see the changes rendered immediately.

Now I have to hit enter/return to see them. This means adjusting sizes/spaces 1 point at a time is a tedious process.

I know the previous release broke this feature altogether, so I appreciate that this functionality is better. However, it's still not fixed. I want to know that this is being addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

littletinyfish,

Sorry for the frustration. I merged your post with a thread that was already in progress concerning this issue. The fonts not updating in real-time is a known issue and will be resolved in the next release of Photoshop. 

In the meanwhile, depending on how much it bothers you or interrupts your workflow, going back to a previous version is a fast and painless option. If you aren't familiar with how to do that, here's a link that explains:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html

Scroll down to "install previous versions of apps."

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe going to get their arse in gear and sort this out? Seriously, if you didn't spend pointless time trying to sell us on your Adobe stock of Cloud services then maybe you could fix the features that people ACTUALLY USE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy LittleTinyFish,

Font Size, Font Face, Leading, Tracking, Scaling, Baseline Shift, etc all still preview live if you do not "bump" (use the Arrow keys) but rather scrub (mouse the control widget) or (in the case of Font Face) you just mouse over a new name in the menus.

Hopefully, that might help you out until we can get the new version released,
Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, just taking queue to receive alert when fixed. Think gonna get back to the previous update by the mean time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this... who releases an update that breaks such a key component of their software? I recently began paying for a subscription to Adobe's CC and I'm pissed. I thought an upgrade would make me more productive, not less. What morons. Please, Affinity, rescue us from the monster Adobe has become, in the same way Adobe once rescued us from Quark!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marv,

Sorry for the frustration this issue is causing you. If you'd rather go back to a previous version while you wait for this to be resolved, it only takes moments to install a previous version of Photoshop. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html (scroll down to "install previous versions of apps")

To save your settings https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the frustration over this issue. To give you an update, this will be resolved in the next release.

If you prefer to go back to a previous version while you wait for this to be resolved, it only takes moments to install a previous version of Photoshop:

To save your settings: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

To install previous versions: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html (scroll down to "install previous versions of apps")

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both.

Votes

Translate