• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Text Size Scubby Slider and Up Down Arrow no longer gives live updates

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 19.0.1 this morning, and everything is lovely with the exception of the Character palette. I'm suddenly unable to see increases or decreases made to any inputs in the Character palette via the up- and down-arrow keys in real time (only when I tab out of a field or hit Enter to commit the change does the actual type onscreen update). I'm able to make updates with arrow keys in other palettes (e.g. Paragraph). I should mention that I'm on a Macbook Pro (OS 10.13.1).

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018
Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,
Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html
What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 152 Replies 152
152 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be fixed in the next release? Typically, how often do releases happen? This is ridiculous, lol. Like, "We'll fix it at some time in the future. Sorry, bye." Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya I gave up after 3 weeks and went back to the older version...it is really a shame we have no other viable options aside from Photoshop. They set themselves up quite a monopoly and know it so they don't have to work very fast to fix things they purposely broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you can't really comment and say exactly when 19.1 will be out, but can you give us a rough estimate? Like in a few weeks, a few months, mid summer? Just curious how long we have to wait and if I should go ahead and install CC2017 so I can use photoshop the way I have been using it for at least a decade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Akipika,

So, I can tell you that it will be after the holidays.  There is a certain cadence with releases, but we cannot confirm specific dates.  We're really sorry that we cannot be more forthcoming, but we're actually legally constrained.  I literally just got off the phone to verify I could share what I am with you all.

Thanks and sorry for the headache,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Justin, please read my comment to Akipika.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What’s the timeline, please? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks you guys are so tied down by legality... maybe this year I will ask Santa for a world without lawyers 😄

I will go ahead and load up 2017 and use it for things that require a lot of type... I never knew how much I scrolled through fonts and font sizes until that feature is broken. Thanks at least giving us some aspect of a time frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The really frustrating part is that we're paying by the month. Will we be reimbursed for these months that we don't have a working program? Not when Adobe and money are part of the same sentence. Gosh, I keep hoping Affinity will deliver us soon (all it needs is smart object support and almost all my designer friends are waiting to jump ship). We used to loathe Quark XPress and Adobe saved us. Now my designer-friends are cheering on Affinity Photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! I hadn't really looked into it until now but can see how it would be a game-changer for them to get the smart objects integrated. I am downloading the trial version now to check it out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll like Affinity Photo. If Adobe keeps up their arrogance, look for Affinity to surprise them. I purchased it but haven't committed to using it on a full-time basis because of the learning curve. But it has many features that I like better than Photoshop's, and it's much faster because Photoshop is still relying on old code that's been around forever. Affinity is new from the ground up and took 5 years (I think) to build. They also make an Illustrator alternative (Affinity Designer, I think) and will be releasing a page layout program soon. Go Affinity! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I am checking them both out. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nina, I also went back to the previous version. Thanks David. And yeah, Marv, Affinity's products have won awards for their innovation. Definitely to be considered.  I have Affinity Designer which works pretty well. Still learning it though since I'm coming from Inkscape, not Illustrator. Affinity Photo looks especially good though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see there is definitely going to be a learning curve with it. The problem is most workplaces use Photoshop as a standard, so it has to get big enough to become a household name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marv,

Sorry for your frustration over this issue, but you don't need to be without a working version of Photoshop. This problem is only on 19.0.1. It only takes moments to install other versions of Photoshop:

To save your settings: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

To install previous versions: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html (scroll down to "install previous versions of apps")

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, makes sense... I do a workaround to fix your broken product. What's next, take my car into a dealership because it's not running right and they tell me that they won't be able to fix it for a few months so here are some instructions on how you can rewire a few things so it works again. Oh, but don't stop making your payments while you attempt to drive your new, broken car. Other than Adobe, who does things like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest Photoshop CC update I'm unable to see any "live" changes to text size and color when modifying anything I always have to click Enter which then prompts the changes to show. But it makes increasing text to try to fit into a specific design a pain since I have to constantly click ENTER to view any changes... Has anyone else experienced this problem and have a solution??  (I've uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled but same problem persists)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for everyone. Uninstall current version and reinstall previous version of Photoshop. I can not believe they still have not fixed this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marv,

Help me to understand your situation better. Is there some functionality that was introduced in 19.0.1 that you need that wasn't in previous versions?

I am also a current paid CC subscriber and I have a working product. If you don't have a working product I want to help you because that is not acceptable.

To address your analogy, the dealer isn't asking you to rewire your car. The dealer is giving you a different car to drive, which might start differently, but is still a perfectly functioning car that you can drive while one issue with the other car is addressed.

Most of us are accustomed to installing regular updates whether on our phones or our operating systems at homes. This isn't much different. It's extremely simple. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop app and then see the attached screenshots.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested in the ETA as well.  Migrating to an older version sounds like a pain and I'll deal with the annoyance if it's a week or two.  But not a month or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being a publicly traded company we cannot share timelines, but if you look at the general pace between releases, that should give you a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe - as far as installing a different version, it's honestly really easy. I install and uninstall different versions on my machine frequently. I'll attach a couple of screenshots. Just open the Creative Cloud Desktop app and then follow these images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I've created a ton of custom actions, have my palettes set up for my vertical display and have custom shortcuts, I'm nervous about stepping back. Do you know if any of those things get lost or changed by going back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I've created a ton of custom actions, have my palettes set up for my vertical display and have custom shortcuts, I'm nervous about stepping back. Do you know if any of those things get lost or changed by going back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will lose everything unless you backup the settings folder. Are you on Windows or Mac?
Always keep a backup of those settings, they're quite handy when switching to other computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac. You're saying that there's a settings folder that contains all of the actions, palette locations and shortcuts in one place? If so, I'll go back. If not, I'll soldier on in my Phrustration as Adobe has cost me enough downtime already. I do this for a living and it's stupid that I'm forced to use tools that don't work. or workarounds that cost time. The 'rebellion' groundswell amongst designers should be getting concerning for Adobe methinks. Ridiculous pricing on a non-working product will hopefully be their undoing. Sorry for venting my frustration... I just can't wait for the day when the rebellion defeats the dark side. May the Phorce be with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate