• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: The Cmd key selection is totally messed up.

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cmd selection inside the Layers panel of the latest update of Photoshop is totally messed up and is consuming more time against the older version of photoshop. How can I downgrade the updates to the old version. This application issue and the time it is wasting of mine won't make the cut

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015
This issue should be solved by the 2015.1.1 update released tonight: https://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/20...

Votes

Translate

Translate
64 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is considered solved but is not ! Should we reopen a new topic ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update the Bug is still there!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, this issue is not solved at all. It appears to happen when trying to select both shapes and normal layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people (like me) have seen it fixed, others are still reporting the bug.

I noticed last night that the bug appeared to have "come back" when I was working on a different .PSD file. Maybe someone could post a step-by-step on how to properly revert to the old behavior? It took me a few minutes of mucking around to get the setting to "stick" to the behavior I wanted, so there's still something non-obvious in the controls/setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to go back to select more than one layer using cmd or any other shortcut. In the new version is impossible, what happened? Why did it happen workflow change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, same issue STILL (1/13/2016)
on MBPro Retina 2015
running el capitan 10.11.2

just updated to latest version of PS CC and the multiple layers selected will unselect as I Command+Select additional ones. It feels very random. Things will work for a while, and then suddenly the application doesn't know I'm holding down the Command key at all, so I'll have to keep trying to reselect my layers until it finally 'sticks'. It's hard to replicate consistently, but it will happen without fail during the course of my working in a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's same for me! The issue appear when i'm using Wacom table!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you selecting on the canvas using the move tool or by clicking on Layers in the Layers panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Command+Selecting the layer from the Layers Panel. I do have a wacom tablet plugged in, though it still happens if I select the layer via the tablet or trackpad on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem (with mouse, not wacom) and it is now (hopefully completely!) gone with the 2015.1.1.
But I am working always on new files at the moment. Maybe you try fresh documents, reset all your settings (but store them) and try to reset maybe even PR-Ram of the computer. Check also the settings of the move tool, which are influencing the Cmd-Key.
Or maybe try to work from another fresh user account with fresh preferences. These are the only ideas I have to pinpoint the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT SOLVED!
Bad Photoshop cc, please fix this.

Its too frustrating, updating Photoshop to latest update release 2015.1.2 but still Auto-select behave strange. I have found the culprit "DAMN SHIFT KEY COMBOS".
My fix is as follows, where ever you come across selecting multiple layers while pressing "Ctrl" key press-N-hold "Shift" key to isolate the layer being selected unnecessary. Photoshop takes "Shift" key as pressed on it own. Wohh!!

Wacom tablet behave strange in man ways in this release of Photoshop. Painting and editing workflows is ruined now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS - Windows 10. Tried resetting perf. and settings, restarting PC and opening PS without tablet attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2015.1.2 Windows 64-bit won't run Actions which call for the "select" command {not found}. This is a real bummer. BUG BUG BUG BUG. Adobe is turning Photoshop into Apple's Quicktime issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Different issue.

Please reference the new conversation here: Photoshop: Action error Select Command not found

Votes

Translate

Translate