Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: There isn't enough room to display this document

LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2458817

I read all topics about this problem and tried all solutions. Some helped but only in specific scenarios they are no options for me. There was not mentioned (at least for me) REAL cause of this error so I am creating new topic. I hope it is more helpful...

All proposed default Ps workspaces have tools panels docked to left margin of screen. It is why they let you to open files in normal size. When you dock your Tools panel to right margin of screen all is okey too. Any panel, however docked or not to any other or margin does not make difference. All works still good. Problem occurs only when you undock your Tools panel from left/right margin of screen. If you move it few centimeters from left margin all is still fine, but always when you move it farer to right side of screen (and from up) an created/opened document will minimalize its size due to Tools panel distance from left screen margin. If additionally you dock your Tools panel to any other panel that is not docked to left/right margin of screen (but moved to specific location in your Ps workspace) error is going to occur while creating/opening document.

This is of course bug! The only I can do is to turn off Tools panel what is ridicolous solution or else dock it to right Ps screen margin what doesn't satisfy me too for reason It covers too much space along with other panels I keep as small as possible.

This is my first day with CC 19.1. So far i used CS6 for few years. From that I read prior CC versions doesn't have this bug yet.

Since I use specific panels location I can't work with this bug. I'm going to use CS6 until next CC update that fix this problem.

That's really funny first action, opening file I did in newest Ps after relocating panels (including Tools) ended up with error 🙂

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018
This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. 

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know how it goes for you!
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Regards,
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
61 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 3 months if finally works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found other topic I missed previously before this bug was fixed where spec24 had the same problem:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2452247

It's not about missig post, but that you didn't fix this bug completely. On the occasion of reporting by that guy it happens again in 19.1.6 (not for me though) I'm coming to report that over 3 months ago I found this bug occurs also when 'Options Bar' is relocated, so either it decreases extremaly size of images while opening / creating them or give a message you can read in theme of this topic.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10588557#10588557

I hope you're going finally to fix this bug completetly before next release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why 3 weeks passed and noone from Adobe staff replied anything to bug I found (read last post of me)? Anyway somone else had problem with it again:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2536516

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi *Kukurykus,

The issue you refer to, when the options bar is in an unexpected place and the image opens too small, has been filed with engineering. It will not make it into the next release however.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

different issue

Please reference the new conversation here: Photoshop 19.1.6 Image Opens Unexpectedly Small when Options Bar is in an Unexpec...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understood, it's not going to be fixed for next release? so when?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed it few months ago, that spliting topics (so creating new one from post of other topic) doesn't work too good, as new topic lose related application key that was set in original topic.

This way that new topic can't be seen in Photoshop section. Because that was my topic I edited it and added Photoshop to be displayed in right place. Unfortunately now that can't be still seen in Photoshop section and wthat's weird also in overall section (that I even don't know that was right after spliting).

Can you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still receiving the error that there isn't enough room to display this document and unable to create one?

We track these issues with single internal tags. This forum transmits data to our bug tracking system. Unless you're still receiving that error and unable to create a new document, this issue doesn't belong on this thread.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't saying of this bug in my reply. Yes it doesn't belong to this theard, just the Tools / Options bar was a cause of this bug.

The thing I indicated is that new topic created from above post of me isn't displayed neither in Photoshop nor in all applications section, so the only way to see that is to click a link in your post. I think that should be avialable for everyone normal way, so when you visit appropriate section that topic belongs too. Just a note for future fix for this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this very frustrating bug all the time - did it ever get resolved???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes. This should be fixed in current versions of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate