• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tilde (~) Toggle composite and grayscale mask in Quick Mask mode is not working

LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ~ ( tilde ) shortcut to view mask as grayscale stopped working. I can see the layer mask as a 50% red overlay by pressing \ (backslash), but not as a garyscale. and I usually go around both view modes when working on masks. I have already reset photoshop settings but it did nothing.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working here (Mac, English app/OS and keyboard layout) What OS are you on? What language is PS, your OS and keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac with MacOS Sierra , Photoshop CC 2015.5.1, US wireless keyboard set in the OS as "U.S international - PC".
I recently re installed my OS and updated it to Sierra, it was after doing so that the Tilde shortcut stopped working. Not sure if this process interfered in PS shortcuts, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, right after sending this reply I tried changing the keyboard to just " US"  and it worked. What is weird about it is that the Tilde in the "US International - PC" is at the same key position, but it does not work as a shortcut as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked our localization expert to look into this to see if it's a bug or expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Howdy Gustavo,

Wow.  Sorry about that.  I'm not quite sure what went wrong, but you're correct -- the same key and character that work fine for US English and British English fail for International English.  Very odd.  For what it's worth, however, this is also happening with 10.11.6.  I've gone ahead and logged a bug against this issue, so we can further investigate and hopefully fix it.

Thanks again for the heads up and sorry for the trouble,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate