• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tool tips do not work

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded and initially saw tool tips when I hovered but now no more.   I checked Preferences and it says to show tool tips and Reboot didn't fix.  What happened? 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018
fancy tooltips (with images and animated GIFs do require accelerated graphics being turned on.  Sometimes an intermittent problem can cause Photoshop to turn off the GPU.  Try going to Preferences ==> Performance and ensuring that "Use Graphics Processor" is checked.  Then restart Photoshop one more time if you had to check it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gloria,

Thanks for the report. I'll do some checking to see if anyone else is having trouble with this. Would you please go to Help > System Info and then copy and paste the contents of that folder?

Thank you,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have you tried resetting your preferences? Instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

If you have custom actions, presets, etc. you will probably want to copy them off somewhere beforehand. Here's where they are stored on my Mac (this is in Applications):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
fancy tooltips (with images and animated GIFs do require accelerated graphics being turned on.  Sometimes an intermittent problem can cause Photoshop to turn off the GPU.  Try going to Preferences ==> Performance and ensuring that "Use Graphics Processor" is checked.  Then restart Photoshop one more time if you had to check it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate