• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Transform rotate handle click zone is too small (for auto-commit change)

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rotate handles' interaction radius seem so much smaller now since the patch. You used to be able to just drag pretty much anywhere and be able to start rotating, but now after the patch I have to be relatively close to the handles in order to start rotating. Quite inconvenient because there's no reason for my cursor to do anything else when in transform mode, why restrict it?

Is there any kind of setting (I couldn't find any) I can change to revert back to previous?

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019
Click to commit is a separate/new feature, for better or worse, than "legacy transform" which only deals with aspect ratio behavior and how that was applied based on layer type. The combination of Legacy Transform and OnCanvasClickToCommit 0 should revert to PS 2018 behavior all around.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018
Thanks. Engineering is working on ways to improve the current experience.

To disable Click to Commit, 

Add

OnCanvasClickToCommit 0

to the PSUserConfig.txt. 

See this document for more detailed instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/enable-optional-extensions-photoshop-cc.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
78 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking "Legacy Transform" with OnCanvasClickToCommit 0 in the prefs didn't do the trick. Initial rotation is still the new tolerance at first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe now try to have legacy transform active again. I don't know why but I thought it worked for me at first and then it didn't anymore and I switched it back around and it now works with legacy + config. 
Creating worlds for screen and paper - also offering photo resources and HDRIs on www.dziga.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That's what I did. I can manage with the increased click tolerance.

Votes

Translate

Translate