• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Transparent background not sticky when creating new doc from clipboard in the new document

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did Adobe hide the ability to open a file file with transparent background when copying an image from another file? All I get is the option for white, black or custom color?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Fixed in 22.0 or later.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020
I've asked engineering to look into the background color not being sticky.

Votes

Translate

Translate
65 Comments
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's an option, but what about making it a default. We used to be able to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my problem is, I don't want to have to scroll down. I used to be able to make a default under Advanced. It's not there anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earth, try to paste an image you copied before with the legacy new document, then with the new one, transparent is not sticky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, This sub-issue (non-showing entries in the drop down) has been fixed in the faster New document window of Ps 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, This sub-issue (non-showing entries in the drop down) has been fixed in the faster New document window of Ps 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I edited the original title, as there were sub issues that got fixed : the hidden sub-menu is now visible in Ps CC 2020.
The remaining issue is the fact that one cannot have the option of transparent background stick when using the non-legacy new document dialog.
In the legacy, set the new document to transparent background, hit done, then copy an image from the browser, the bg will have transparency pre-selected.
With the non-legacy, do the same steps, and "personalised", white will be preselected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was not the problem for me. My complaint is that I can no longer set a default to open every document with a transparent back ground, including copying and pasting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very annoying behaviour from the New Dialog (non-legacy) and only started recently after either the last update or the update before that.

Create new from the Clipboard now always has the Custom background selected, which results a white background unless another colour is chosen. Even selecting another colour for Custom doesn't stick for the next time Create new from Clipboard is used. Selecting a Transparent background now never 'sticks' for the next new document from the clipboard. It should remember the background option selected by the user, just as the legacy New Dialog does.

This problem needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my problem and I have discussed it with Adobe. It used to be that you could set a default background. You can't anymore and it is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that v21.0.3 was the last version that worked properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ver 21.1.2. Maybe uninstalling and re-installing without updates? I requested a patch,but there doesn't seem to be one coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked engineering to look into the background color not being sticky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it wasn't just me. This was becoming a bother the past couple of weeks and I was wondering what changed. I can confirm with the others that now, when making a new document, the default for background is always Custom, which is white, instead of Transparent, which is usually more useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the entire ability of saving a new "New Document" preset with options, which once existed, was useful and has now disappeared.

Not only now every New Document defaults to the Custom background option which is white, but if you try to save a new preset with transparent background, it saves the size as well, which defies the purpose for people who work with .png formats.

Going back to the legacy "New Document" interface works as a patch, but it breaks the flow of the new version.

Please bring back the "last background used as sticky" or at least give us back the  New Document preset with option to select which features of the example document one wants to keep.

This thing has made me lose precious time in my workflow. It equates losing money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed in 22.0 or later.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate