• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Typing in values for 3D material properties auto validates after the first keypress

Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC 2014 latest version (2014.2.1 as of today), if I try to type in some value for a mesh material property (shine or whatever), weird things happen. For instance: I create a cube wrap mesh (or any other 3d object) then I click on the material, then I double click any value in the properties panel (or just click and drag to select the whole value), and when I start typing something like "53", the first keystroke is registered (5) and the box ends editing mode automatically, so the value is set at 5 and I have to click again to add the other number.

Some times, the value is entered okay (first keystroke is not auto-validated) but after pressing intro, it just goes back to the old value, ignoring what I just entered. Sometimes it does work, but problems are more prone to happen if I try to set several values in a row using numerical values (as opposed to just dragging the slider).

I am not sure when this started happening, but for sure it didn't in CC pre-2014 (I still have it installed and just checked, typing in material values works okay there).

Maybe it's just me experiencing this but it's really annoying... if you are able to reproduce this issue, please fix it! Thanks a lot.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014
Should be fixed in the 2014.2.2 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QE can repro. The dev team will investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't mention, I'm on Win 8.1.

Thanks a lot for answering and trying it. Not a huge problem, but annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. No doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be fixed in the 2014.2.2 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes it seem so. It was the first thing I tried after the update. Thanks.

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but since this is 3d-properties panel related... the fact that the roughness slider has a non-proportional % scale is the intented behavior? When setting all the properties to 50% roughness does not line up. I just noticed, it does not bother me and maybe it has been designed that way for some reason, since I've checked and it was working like that in 14.2.1 already. But it caught my attention yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate