• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unresponsive UI for brush selection

Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop CC 2018 the brush selection UI is really unresponsive. Previously Photoshop versions I could open the Brush tool with my Wacom pen button and select a brush without hardly looking at the brush palette and it would select it always. Now, very often it doesnt actually select it. I would say almost half the time I click a brush (I have the small brush tip icon look) it doesn't change. This causes huge issues for a painting workflow and I end up having to paint undo all the time or take a closer look that I actually get the new brush before starting to paint.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018
Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,
Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html
What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Instructions for updating: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using, and which version of the Wacom Driver is being used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the latest version of the wacom driver and this in on Windows 10. I think I figured out what causes this behaviour. Because now, I don't remember if you could do this before, but at least not as prominent. But now, if you click down with the pen on a new brush and hold it, you can move it around to swap places, without being in brush preset or holding a button down at the same time. So, when I paint and want to swap brushes super quickly, the pen might start dragging the brush for one pixel or two, and just the slightest move of a brush instead of a click and photoshop thinks you want to move the brush instead of selecting it, which leaves it unselected and also not moved since you just moved it so little. Its not a problem when using a mouse, but when moving a brush pen fast it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. I have logged a request to tighten up the interaction with slight drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that would help a lot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that if the brush you move slightly actually change place, then it gets selected as well, so it only makes sense it would get selected nonetheless 🙂 Just wanted to mention that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the recent update to photoshop, hoping this problem would have been fixed. Unfortunately no. It might have been a bit too hopeful that it would happen so fast. But I want to show you a video to further explain how big of a problem this is. Because for me, as an painter/illustrator, Photoshop has never been so tedious to work in as now. Since this current release, I now have to carefully check that the brush is being selected, instead of just doing it blindfolded, which I could before. I'm pretty sure this is something a lot of artists have noticed even if they haven't been able to put their finger on what makes it more problematic, but the fact that Photoshop doesn't select a brush unless you make a selection without moving the cursor at all serves no good purpose, since the slight movement doesnt do anything, not moving the brush or select it. Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone!

I am happy to announce that this issue should be resolved in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out!

Thank you,
Hannah

Adobe Blog: Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Density Monitors and More

What's new: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html
What's fixed: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Instructions for updating: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for this!!! Great news and I'm so glad it's finally out! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Why can I not see the brush I selected on the screen? I used to use the bracket keys to change the size and I could see the brush size changing on the screen. Now I use the brackets; see the size number changing, but only have a + symbol to look at. I have to click on my image to apply the brush and then undo it to change the size and location; and guess to try it again. How can I get my brush to be visible again?!?!?! Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate