Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: UXP dialogs block Saving Files with Photoshop 23.2

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Photoshop has functioned without any technical issues until this afternoon.

The first problem arrised when I was unable to save any changes to the files I was editing.

Save, Save As or Save a Copy ceased to funchion.

This forced me to force quit the program loosing all my edits and start the program up again. It functions returned to normal but only temporary to which the saving glitches reappeared again. When I shut the program down and started it up again I can no longer do any type of editing to my photos. Even opening up my NEF file which automatically opens up in Photoshop v 23.2, this no longer functions.

However if I open my NEF file with the previous version it does so without any complications and I'm able to do my editing. I have already done two edits with the previous version without problems, more than I'm currently been able to do with the current version of photoshop.

One other observation and I'm not sure if there is any connection, but when photoshop v 23.2 was playing up so was my browser which is Chrome Version 98.0.4758.109 (Official Build) (x86_64). Please note my browser started playing up after photoshop ceased to function properly. I haven't had issues with Chrome before and it now appears to be functioning well with the previous version of Photoshop.

I have a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) with 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5. Has 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 of memory. My computer runs macOS Monterey version 12.2.1 (21D62).

Pointless giving you screen grads as there are no error messages.

Looking forward to a reply.

Robert Frola

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Participant , Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and that seems to have fixed the issue.  Hopefully I won't have the Save As no dialogue issue again but I'm skeptical!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the April 2022 release of Photoshop 23.3. This update includes the fix for this issue.

To update Photoshop to 23.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Try renaming the UXP folder
Rename the UXP folder to ~UXP.
• (Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
• (macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

If that fixes it, I'd like to get a copy of the renamed UXP folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
57 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the save dialogs not come up at all? Do you have sidecar or a second monitor? See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-quot-save-as-quot-no-longer-appear-with-se...

Or some other behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. Am on M1 iMac and Photoshop 23.2.1. All well as far as i know until this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw elsewhere a suggestion that renaming UXP to ~UXP in Library/Application Support/Adobe might help and at the moment it seems to have reinstated SAVE AS and SAVE A COPY. I have no idea what it does or why it works, but at the moment all is well again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RobinOxford 

Do the save dialogs not come up at all? Do you have sidecar or a second monitor? See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-quot-save-as-quot-no-longer-appear-with-se...

Or some other behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeffrey (if I may)

If I opened a file I could work on it and save it as normal. However, I could not use save as or save a copy. Nothing at all appeared on the screen when I tried to use them, though there did appear to be some action on one of the HDD attached.

I do not have a sidecar or second monitor. The problem appeared out of the blue this morning.

I read various posts about this problem and I noticed one was the renaming of the UXD file. I did this, restarted Photoshop and all is back to normal at the moment. I have no idea what is going on. I am just a nearly 75 year old who uses Photoshop a lot as I still do a fair amount of teaching and of photography.

Thank you for your interest.

Robin Frith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @RobinOxford Very strange. UXP isn't used for the Save As or Save A Copy dialogs. Thanks for the additional details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

No save dialogs appeared when I tried to save my photo edits. I have since updated my photoshop and the issue appears to have vanished. I have never had an issue like this and it was out of the blue. When I used an earlier version of photoshop the save glitches started there aswell. I don't know what to make of it but certainly something that should be monitored if this glitch re-appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 23.2.1 I am on a 2 monitor system with photoshopoccupying one monitor.

Photosop will save for about 5 to 10 saves as now I am saving often. Then it no longer updates the file or saves a new file with a different name.

The save dialog does come up as does the save as dialog.

The save info at the bottom left comes on showing percentage over a blue box. so it is saving.

But there is no update to the file. if I close and reopen all changes are gone. if I do a save as , there is no new file created in the specified directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Motion Mogul if you rename UXP to ~UXP in Library/Application Support/Adobe does the problem go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be helping .

I will let you know more after a day of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the UXP file seems to have done the trick.

I am on Windows 10 and the path to it is:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, j'ai un soucis d'affichage ou un bug logiciel sur photoshop 2022. Lorsque je vais dans Fichier, impossible de faire "enregistrer sous", quand je clique dessus, la fenêtre ne s'ouvre pas mais l'onglet se grise bien en gris clair. Quand je clique à côté et reviens dans fichier, le bouton "enregistrer sous" et bien de nouveau sélectionnable "en gris foncé" mais quand je clique à nouveau il se grise ensuite mais aucune fenêtre ne s'ouvre. Au départ ça concerné également l'option " nouveau document " que j'ai réglé en activement l'interface héritée "nouveau document" dans les préférence général. Mais cela ne résoud pas le soucis que j'ai avec "enregistrer sous". 

J'ai bien la dernière version de photoshop 2022 et tous mes pilotes sont à jour. Je n'avais aucun soucis sur 2021. 
Savez-vous d'où ça peut venir ? 

Cordialement Steeve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename the UXP folder to ~UXP.

• (Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
  • (macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, its fantastic ! 
How to provide you with a copy ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can zip it up and post on CC files, dropbox, etc and share a link. Feel free to direct message me, or post the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send you direct message, tanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this same issue. OS 12.1. PS 23.1.1 iMac, no external monitor.

All of a sudden the Save functionality doesn't work. It's selectable in the menu but does nothing. The rest of the app functions fine. Thankfully I was able to save my work as a SmartObject and add it to my CC library. Restart Photoshop and all was good for a couple hours, then the issue returned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried this method? Worked perfectly for me!

(macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will try the ~ solution. It happened almost every hour today. Work an hour or so and then no Save functionality. For those of you who might experience this, I was able to save my files by grouping the layers and adding them to the Library. Then after relaunching Photoshop, I created a new document and dragged the Library SmartObject onto my canvas. I would have lost hours of work otherwise. Also, any ETA on the drag and drop functionality to the library? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that Photoshop 23.x for Windows has issues with functions such as Save As, Save, and New when stacking photos into multiple layeers. Performing the same operations is not a problem on a Mac. The source images are Canon CR3 RAW files. I Can't save to Creative Cloud either in this state.

Problem: When loading multiple images as a stacked layers the Save As dialog does not appear, The image will not Save (CTRL + S) and File New dialog does not display.

I found three, not very acceptable, work arounds: a) Use a Mac [OK, this one is accetable, but not in my case] b) Crop a flattened image c) Export to JPEG

How to Reproduce:

1) Open up 8 to 10 images using Script > Load Files into Stack...

2) Use the File > Save As and no dialog appears

Or

1) Open up many images in Camera Raw into Photoshop

2) Manualy Copy and Paste multiple images into one image as separate layers

If I flaten the images and then crop it, I can save the file. The crop can be at 100% of the original image size. I am focus stacking some close up work.

My Windows laptop is new and rather generic with pleny of RAM and disk space. When watching memory comsumption I still have 2GB of RAM available.

I have seen a lot of issues in the forum but not any real resolution for people. My MBP has similar hardward as my Windows laptop and has no issue. I've done the normal problem solving things such as reset Preferences back to defaults, reinstalled PS, and even restored Windows to a previous restore point. I tried the History > Create new document from current state with the same issue.

I am very convienced this is a software issue with the Windows code base and have taken this pretty far to problem solve the issue. It is not file corruption because it is 100% reproducable on Windows and the same function works perfectely on the Mac OS code base. I have had seemingly random issues with the Save As not working properly but would get it to work eventually even when not photo stacking. 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.2.1 20220222.r.303 eedc582 x64
Operating System: Windows 11 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename the UXP folder to ~UXP.

• (Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
  • (macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 

Thanks for the help. Renaming the folder allowed me to save my stacked image.

A Note to any Others reading this thread: I needed to use Administrative privilages to rename the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, Buenas. tengo un problema con Photoshop y es que no abre completamente , o sea la pantalla se queda en gris sin cargar como corresponde a su vez si trato de editar una foto,  no me la guarda como Psd para seguir editandola luego. Ni siquiera me aparece un error, ni una ventana para yo saber que sucede, simplemente hago click en guardar y no pasa nada. Ya probe muchas cosas y nada funciona. Ayuda por favor, ando estudiando y estoy super atrasada hace dias sin poder solucionar este problema. Dejo una foto de como se ve cuando abro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• (Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
• (macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same problem and your solution works for me, thanks you

Votes

Translate

Translate