• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Wacom pen randomly stop working after few strokes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update (21.2.3) fixed pen pressure issues but now after painting a few brush strokes the pen stops working at all or pressure stops working until I click with my mouse on the screen of my tablet, then same thing happens again and again.  WIN 10 intel i7 and CINTIQ DTH-1300 tested with windows ink off and on and with and without graphics proccesor selected on performance. This doesn´t happen with other software.-

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to PS 21.2.2 introduces a bug that causes pen taps/clicks to register as SHIFT+tap or SHIFT+click. I noticed it when using the brush/pencil tool but it may affect other tools. Rolling PS back to 21.2.1 resolves the problem.

The problem persisted after updating Wacom drivers to 6.3.40-2.

I'm on Win10, intuos5 large.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with GPU on?  Also are your Wacom drivers up to date?  Sounds like the WinTab driver is failing.  The next time this happens, Ctlr+Alt+Delete to access Task Manager, find Tablet Service > Wacom Professional Service, right-click that and select Open Services.  Find Wacom Professional Service and restart it.  If pen starts working again then it's the wacom wintab driver that stops working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad, thanks for the answer. It happens with gpu on and off and yes wacom drivers are up to date. And as i said, it only happens with photoshop after the last update, it didn´t happend with the previous update (but pressure didn´t work) and this doesn´t happen with Illutrator, Fresco, Animate or other software. I´ll try restarting Wacom Professional Service 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. Restarting Wacom Professional Service didn´t solve the problem.

Going back to version 21.2.1 (as in v 21.2.2 pressure didn´t work) seems to be the solution for me for now. But going back to that version destroyed all my configurations, workspaces, shortcuts, preferences, -.- sigh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a problem before, and this was also happening in 21.2.3. Going back to 21.2.1 was also my solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and in PS 21.2.3 I also had this issue -https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2122-bug-brushpencil-tool-shifting-when-using-wacomwindowsink/5f5f462d4b561a3d42781021

Votes

Translate

Translate