• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Wacom touch ring for zoom in/out closes Select and Mask Workspace

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10 FCU 10.0.16299 Build 16299 using Wacom driver version 6.3.27-2 and Photoshop CC 2018 (19.0 20171103.r.190) the Select and Mask workspace immediately closes as soon as I use the Wacom Intous Pro tablet to zoom in/out.  This happens using both the touch ring and my fingers on the tablet area to pinch/pull for zoom in/out.  As soon as I take my fingers off the tablet (either the touch ring or the pen surface doing pinch/pull) the Select and Mask workspace closes and I lose and selection changes I did in the workspace as if I hit the cancel button or the Esc key.

The problem also happens in the older Refine Edge tool.  Soon as I use the table to zoom in/out the Refine Edge tool closes.

I have used the same tablet with the same driver level on a Mac with High Sierra installed and the same version of Photoshop and it works properly there.  I have opened a ticket with Wacom and at their suggestion have completely uninstalled the Wacom drivers and Photoshop then reinstalled everything.  The problem remains.

This issue makes it impossible for me to use the Wacom Intuos Pro in Select and Mask.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018
New Wacom drivers now available.  From my initial testing, it looks like this is resolved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
21 Comments
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked engineering to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the suggestion of Wacom support I have tried downgrading to driver version 3.2.21-10 and the situation got worse.  Under that driver version the buttons and touch ring along with the touch functionality no longer works.  I also get an error "THE TABLET DRIVER WAS NOT FOUND" when trying to run the Wacom Tablet Properties application.  I have provided this information to Wacom support and haven't had a response yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried un-installing and re-installing the 3.2.21-10 Wacom drivers 3 different times, even going through the process with the Windows Defender Firewall turned off.  The tablet will not function under Windows 10 with that version of the drivers.  I un-installed and cleaned up the 3.2.21-10 Wacom drivers, then installed the 3.2.27-2 drivers and have been able to get the tablet functioning like it did prior to downgrading.  The touch ring and buttons work again.  Touch functionality works again.  Unfortunately the same issue remains with the closing of the Select and Mask workspace as soon as I am done zooming in/out using the tablet as if I hit the Cancel button or the Esc key (any changes made to the selection are discarded).  Same thing happens with the Refine Edge tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same thing happens to me....and it is how i ended up here.  Been searching for a solution.  Please let me know if you have found one as this is really annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I have heard is that Adobe is taking a look and Wacom hasn't responded since I tried the downgraded drivers to no avail.  Still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One would think with all the photoshop-ers out there using a cintiq...especially the 24hd, which is a bit old now, there would be some input on this issue.  I just got the cintiq, so was unaware of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom support is flailing about.  Asking me questions I have already answered.  Offering "solutions" I have either already tried and reported didn't work or are very clearly done to remedy other problems.  Not making any progress at this point with either Wacom or Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom support now asks if Select and Mask is a workspace I created.  As if they haven't heard about a feature that has been in Ps since June of 2016...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this should go viral as the support seems to be from some third world country.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom is finally going to RMA the tablet.  We will see if that will fix the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm....shall i send mine in as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an RMA won't help.  It's been happening to me as well on both my small and medium tablets.  Highly disruptive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of actions/situations where using the touch ring to zoom closes the action and reverts to the basic work screen; liquify and selection amongst them.

I have no idea of the nature of the coding and which side has it wrong (Adobe, Wacom, or Microsoft), but I find it hard to believe that no one came across this during testing and that they are unable to correct it. It's almost as though those who write the software don't really have much idea of what they're doing!

That said, such things are nothing new and I've experienced banging my head against the wall with all these clowns on occasions in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have confirmed this is an issue with the Wacom drivers.  The ESC key gets appended to the zoom and rotate commands which exits out of workspaces and rotated views.  They have a fix in hand and are testing it, to be included in the next driver update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chad,  asked Wacom about an ETA on a driver update, they are telling me to try applying Windows updates to fix this (KB4093105).  I just upgraded to Windows 10 Feature Release 1803 which I assume means I have that update included.  Same behavior.  I haven't been able to use my Wacom tablet with Ps Select and Mask for about 6 months now.  Any way you have of finding out more from your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so here's what I found out.  The next driver update is being tested and supposedly has the fix in it. I don't know the ETA for it's release though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet!  But really?  How long ago were we going on about this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still working with Wacom on a support number.  They are STILL having me try things.  The latest is to remove all user preferences.  So I did that, no change.  Have yet to get with anyone who knows anything about a driver update.  Still can't use my tablet on Windows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Wacom drivers now available.  From my initial testing, it looks like this is resolved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Not bad, only six months to acknowledge and fix it! We are being spoilt...

Votes

Translate

Translate