• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Why am I missing a tool in my toolbar?

LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble with the Spot Healing brush. When I click on the band-aid icon, there are no options that pop up to the side like I see in tutorials. Am in a a wrong mode? I am new to this. I can do the basics,and blemish remover is one, however I knew it on a version from a few years ago and can't see to find it now. I got the program last night. Thank you,Ash

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016
Go to Edit > Toolbar... and click on "Restore Defaults" and click Done. Are the tools you were missing back? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html#missingtool

You probably got in this state when you switch workspaces in the workspace switcher, it loads different toolbar configurations for that workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on El Capitan (Mac OS 10.11)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the mac mini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what Operating System are you running on it? If you click on the Apple icon menu in the upper left and choose About this Mac, what does the version say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. I'll have to wait until I get home and see. I'm new to apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have a missing Healing brush.  I am using Mac 10.11.6.  Help!?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit > Toolbar... and click on "Restore Defaults" and click Done. Are the tools you were missing back? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html#missingtool

You probably got in this state when you switch workspaces in the workspace switcher, it loads different toolbar configurations for that workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  Thanks!  That worked.  
Any idea why it got all wonky in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you switch workspaces in the workspace switcher, it loads different toolbar configurations for that workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had to phone Adobe because the Clone Stamp Tool wasn't in my left-side vertical toolbar.

Apparently, tools slip in and out of the toolbar if you don't use them! (I only installed 2017 yesterday, so I don't know how it thinks the Clone tools are not necessary).

Whilst it magically appeared once I searched for it within Photoshop (the magnifying glass top right), you need to know the name of what you're looking for to find it.

More importantly... how it is Adobe's right to decide what I use and don't use! Just because I chose the Graphics & Web workspace it doesn't mean I don't want to clone, heal images etc. It's a basic use of Photoshop for me!

I'd rather have a workspace where Adobe makes no decisions for me and I choose whether I want things or not.

And also - when you have to phone Adobe for such a basic thing as the clone tool, please do us long-time users the courtesy of telling us that you've made such a change to our regular workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my paint bucket tool and eyedropper tool stopped working all of a sudden. I tried to restart the tools and it didn't work. The weird thing is that on the tool bar, on the the bucket tool and eyedropper icons a small symbol appeared on (top left) and it's not on any other tools icons. Anyone faced this problem before?RackMultipart2016110829862hpyu-d359664f-f693-4230-b61b-9c816e2d726c-1360439090.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a PC and haven't had any missing tools. I do however create my own workspace and make sure it gets imported into the latest version. I remember half of the tools didn't show up in one of the previous updates  until I checked the tools preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded Photoshop CC and the crop option on the tool bar is missing.  The crop is also not available under the Image section. Thanks in advance!

RackMultipart2017031099862119c-9a8bd227-9edb-4e2e-8e23-0913eeef7a51-609062815.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to that you first need select area and then "Image > Crop" will be avialable

Also try click on tripple dot in tools panel or look into tools panel settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you are in the 3D workspace. Choose Essentials (Default) and the tools will be there.
RackMultipart20170313705601h2g-14553ec1-4cd5-42fe-bb45-8e2eba1258f3-1799005326.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the help!!! Problem fixed:)

Votes

Translate

Translate