• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Windows 10 update has broken Wacom pen right click function

LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Windows 10 update (I installed on the 20/11/2017) has broken the right click function on the wacom pen in Photoshop. When you right click on the pen to bring up the brushes the program uses the currently selected tool as well. All tools seem to have this bug and it can be seen in the history drop down effecting the canvas. This break the workflow completely as every time I change a brush an unwanted tool effect happens (unwanted brush stroke, unwanted move, unwanted marquee selection)

I have updated to all the latest wacom drivers and the latest photoshop. I can reproduce this using a Wacom Cintiq 21UX and a Wacom Cintiq 22HD. I have also turned off all the known horrific windows 10 pen ink and flick issues.

Is there any work around or fix for this?

Damian

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I found the following suggestion with several users saying that it fixed this issue:

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

2. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate
22 Comments
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is  that what did it?!? It's been driving me crazy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that this is a Photoshop issue--right-clicking with my Wacom pen is currently not working in any program for me. Restarting my computer usually temporarily fixes the problem, but it keeps coming back. Does that sound like the same thing you're experiencing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had problems with right click binded to my 2nd pen button (brushes menu or context menu in Photoshop). After I press right click on Wacom Cintiq pen, menu just not appear so I need to press button harder and wait (lol:). I found fix: press the button on your pen, move cursor a bit (don't touch display) and unpress the button. menu will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I found the following suggestion with several users saying that it fixed this issue:

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

2. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings\

5. Restart Photoshop and check the pen pressure and overall performance.

Let me know how it goes! 

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly thank you Hannah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Hannah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liftoff! Thanks. It isn't the first time this issue has arisen but I couldn't remember the fix.
My PTZ930/photoshop was completely unusable since every time I crl-alt-click "brush size adjusted" I simply skated or displaced the working layer.
Actually my Ps actually boots much quicker now too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I know this is a bit late for this thread but I am having the same issues with my wacom pens as described here but it is not limited to Photoshop - it seems to also happen a lot while using Chrome. Are there other places I can place that text file that will help this issue in other apps?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works great Thanks Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh thanks hannah very much, it drives me crazy all day, i had installed many drivers for my wacom and restart my pc all day because i thought i used wrong driver. this solution is very simple and my wacom worked well agian in photoshop cc, not any more issues.
update: 
my lagging and stylus dragging instead of drawing issue had came back and i tried to find some new solution and i found this thread : 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10/
(for who use window 10 or maybe window 8 , i am not sure , i use window 10 pro)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

I can't follow the thread for saving the .txt file.  I can follow C:\Users/[User Name], but there is no AppData folder to click on.  There is a 'Roaming' folder, but doesn't display the folder choices I need.

Anita

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can, type the AppData in after the backslash in the url box of the finder window. It doesn't show up because it is a hidden folder. Alternatively you can make Windows show hidden folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH!!   I didn't realize it was a hidden folder.  I was able to show the hidden ones and follow the path.  Thanks again for answering my comment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping Anita out, Karolina 🙂

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i used this before and it worked great back in april, but updated the wacom driver and now this fix isnt working anymore. Any ideas? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same here... :s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard and Tom,

I'm not seeing this behavior. I connected my Cintiq 22HD to a Win 10 machine, have an up-to-date driver and the right click function works fine. However, besides drivers there are a lot of settings that can be changed in the Wacom Desktop Center, like whether to hover or tap and click, etc. I don't have the PSUserConfig.txt file in my AppData and it works fine without it. 

Would you two you please go to Help > System Info and then copy and paste the contents of that window into an email to me at the email pictured below? Also if you can send screenshots of anything you think might be helpful to know, incl. the settings pertaining to right click functionality in the Wacom Desktop Center or anything else that might be unique about your environment. 

Thanks,
Hannah

RackMultipart201806211061151hq-340f3630-27c8-408a-a725-b3814fc5877a-1305818097.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the latest PS version in my PC. But I look a problem. I tried to change brush size and hardness with press Alt and press Right click button and drag pen in my Wacom Intuos Pro Tablet. Its not working. When I pressed those button started Eyedropper tool option and can choose colour. This is the main shortcut trick in PS. The previous version not come this problem. I request fix this problem. Thank You..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tuan,

Are you still seeing this issue? Some users reported that reverting to the previous Wacom driver fixed the issue for them. Let me know if this resolves it for you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments/8r9afp/wacom_cintiq_pen_cannot_right_click/

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is work for me 
thank you very much hannah 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thank you hannah, it solved my problem with right click in ps. i had trouble to find the folder, but Karolina Szablewska led me right – the folder was hidden for me too.

br, peter in göteborg

Votes

Translate

Translate