• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Zoom keyboard shortcut no longer resizes window

Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions Ctrl + or Ctrl - were used to zoom and Ctrl+Alt + and Ctrl+Alt -  zoomed and resized a floating window. Note : Both of these were without the preference Zoom resizes window checked.

In v21.1 Ctrl+Alt +  and Ctrl+Alt -  zoom but do not resize the document window.

Dave

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020
This issue should be addressed by the 21.1.1 update. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered the same problem in the latest update and I'm eagerly awaiting a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i concur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all. I've filed an official bug report elsewhere which the devs will track. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you PECourtejoie, they deleted my reply here, which contained the same rant I posted in that  Adobe Community link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks eartho. Engineering is investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just an FYI, Adobe does their best to find all the bugs, but occasionally a few will slip through the cracks. Unless it's something which is destroying your images, there's no need to panic. Post a bug report on the forums and they'll try to make sure it gets patched ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, there is no support or customer care channel, only forums.

I'd rather wait longer to get new features in order to have a cleaner update that doesn't end up costing me more.

I had to revert to an earlier version to be able to work, and in consequence I lost my workspace configuration and shortcut config. which I had to recover from a disk backup. This was expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is extremely frustrating and has now cost me about 45 min of my work day trying to fix it! Not sure why this would change with the update, but it's massively annoying. I now have my zoom settings backwards. Command + Alt- doesn't resize window anymore, it zooms inside the window. I had to check the "Zoom Resizes Window" box ON with this update in order for it to work at all. So now the keyboard shortcut Command- resizes the entire window instead of just zooming in! This has ruined my ability to quickly zoom in and out while I'm working. My usual two-key short cut and turned it into a three-key shortcut. Not cool and not something I want to get used to! Please fix this bug!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on the Mac version. Can't stand to work like this. Going back to 2019 until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share this problem (and frustration) - but for those who want a temporary work-around, checking the box "Zoom Resizes Windows" in Preferences > Tools will flip the functions, making Ctrl +/- zoom and resize the window and Ctrl+Alt +/- zoom without resizing.

That's a headache, I agree, but for those like me that normally navigate using Space+LeftClick to pan and Ctrl+Space+LeftClick to zoom it's less intrusive - then it's just a matter of releasing Alt when wanting to resize a window using Zoom.

(Edit: Noticed people had already noted the function flip above but I'll leave it in case it helps anyone)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be addressed by the 21.1.1 update. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Customer Support at Adobe. Hasn't been for a long-time. Mostly just user forums, and pray that someone else has had your proglem, and there may be a problem like yours that was "solved".

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but do you know how many active User errors and problems are active now? I tried to get a count, but it is well in the thousands. Since they tried to force us all into an "automatic update" in number 23, that has been a nightmare. I didn't even know that they were doing such a major change. I haven't been able to get Photoshop fully functional for at least 2 weeks. I am so disappointed whith what has happened to Adobe. Very Discouraging

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate