• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Switching tabs doesn't show the correct image

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep running into render issues in the new PS 2020. Here's the most recent example. I loaded a large pano into the first tab then opened a PSD file into the second tab. This second tab should show me a couch and kitchen as indicated by the view in the layers, yet it's showing me the pano from the first tab. This has happened to me dozens of times in past few days.

When I pull the tab out, it then renders the PSD correctly:

Another issue was when I went to restart the computer and had a dozen files open in PS that weren't saved. PS 2020 just closed it all out and skipped the "Do you want to save?" dialog. Just trashed the file progress.

[ ◉"]
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Fixed 21.2 or later

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020
Can you please update to 21.2 which was released today? We've made a change on the Photoshop side which should fix this issue. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
120 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean, one other thing to try would be to resize the whole Photoshop frame/window to see if that forces it to update. Let me know if that makes it work/update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - happens with me a few times a week as well. It first started with Illustrator, which hasn't happened in a a while. Now it happens with Photoshop. It's like one program caught the disease, got cured but passed on it's germs. Only thing you can do is to quit and restart. I have found that switching to each tab and saving will save the file, even if the artwork doesn't update to what's on that tab. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on 10.13 or 10.15? This issue was a problem in 10.13, which was fixed in macOS 10.14, but appears to have regressed in 10.15. When this happens in Photoshop, if you change the size of the Photoshop application window, do the tabs/windows update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The panels in the user interface for both Illustrator and Photoshop have started not rendering properly (aka disappearing) both for the document panel and for workspace panels ever since upgrading to Catalina on Mac. This most commonly happens when pressing "F" to switch between document views. Other times when switching from another application to the Illustrator or Photoshop window, the entire document disappears despite the Window dropdown menu saying it is open.  

I have contacted Adobe Customer Support and they have continually told me to delete my preference files (Illustrator) or turn on/off Legacy compositing (Photoshop). Despite doing these, neither has fixed the problem. How can this be solved for good? It's highly disruptive to my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When switching from different tabs in the panels group the information display doesn't change to the selected tab. 

For example going from colour to libraries then to swatches the panel still shows the colour options. The same happens for all tabs open. This then causes parts of the window to disappear showing the windows behind. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewing more than one image at a time is a current issue for me since the upgrade, amongst others.  When I have two images opened at one time and click to the 2nd image, the 1st image remains on the screen along with all actions.  I try going to "arrange" to have them side by side and both images disappear, except for the actions from image 1.  I'm using Photoshop CC.  there are other issues, but I will try to conquer this one first.  I'm on a Mac with Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I forgot to mention: this started happening to me since upgrading to CC2020. The reason I originally mentioned it happening when upgrading to Catalina was that I upgraded both around the same time so I'm not entirely sure which is to blame. Maybe a combination of the two? I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me thoughout updates, and even on different computers from 10.14 Mojave to 10.15 Catalina and in Adobe CC 2019 and now Adobe CC 2020 and on a Macbook Pro from 2014 and the newer 2018 version.. Exactly as the original poster has recorded in the videos. It happens infrequently enough that I have just lived with it, but it is a big bummer to have to either shut down or separate out windows in order to see the content. This happens in other Adobe apps also. I google it every once and a while and finally found this post. So I'm posting here saying 'Me Too'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this same issue for both Adobe Illustrator 2020, and Photoshop 2020 running macOS Catalina on my 2017 MacBook Pro.  Sometimes I can go hrs without it happening though, so its not always an issue for me, but it really kills the workflow when it does.  Basically all tabs, no matter if they hold a document pain or a tool panel, can suddenly stop switching to whatever tab you switch to.  I can resize the program or window and have that update it for some reason, but that is no way to work.  Only option is to close the program and open it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I have this issue fairly often as well. Normally I overlook, but when working with large files and multiple smart ojects and tight timelines, it gets rather frustrating. Any word on this one yet? Would ideally love to find a solution that doesn't trashing preferences, if possible (spent many years fine-tuning those). Thank you!

- Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having the same problem. I updated to the current version: 21.0.2. It's infuriating, especially when working on deadline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well. Contacted adobe customer support and they told me to trash the preferences file and that didn't do anything to solve it. I'm on Mac Catalina and 2020, never had this issue with 2019 so I'm pretty sure 2020 is the problem. Anyone seen a fix? It's escalated now to happening almost every single time that I have two images open and I can't get anything done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely updated to 10.15 on Catalina, completely updated to 21.0.2 and it's still happening, even more frequently. It's the most infuriating thing, making photoshop almost entirely unusable for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is still happening for me in Photoshop (21.0.2), but also Illustrator now too, but just the latest version as far as I've noticed. In Illustrator, I noticed if I pulled a tab to separate it from the others, it will show the correct image in the tab. However, as soon as I place it back into the nested position with the other tabs, it reverts to the incorrect image. Have not yet tried this in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Russ says above, it also happens in Illustrator sometimes for me as well as Photoshop. Not done it in a few weeks I'll admit, but I first started seeing it in Illustrator and then it spread like a cold to Photoshop too. As a note, and if anyone reads this, does anyone have Wacom tablet software installed? I uninstalled this recently and I've noticed this issue happening less having done that (a complete removal as well, removing every last trace and file from my Mac of Wacom Software).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use a Wacom Cintiq. Sure hope that's not the culprit, as I use that nearly as much as the mouse so kinda can't live without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue with Photoshop 2020 and Illustrator 2020. I am also on Catalina 10.15.2 with a Wacom driver installed. It would be very silly to have to make people in the creative space remove Wacom drivers! What I notice helps is that when I resize the whole photoshop or illustrator window it refreshes to the correct tab/file. I hope a fix comes for this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update from a few weeks ago, but I've not had the issue again yet (and was getting it once or twice a week previously). It may be coincidental but since removing the Wacom software entirely from my Mac the problem hasn't repeated in about a month now. May be worth a try, though appreciate it's not ideal if you use the tablet regular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had same issue on PS 2020. Happened only when I opened several smart objects. However I may have found a way to get photoshop to display the correct images. Click save as (either via the shortcut keys or the menu option) for the smart object, in the new window you'll find several .psb files, select the one with the same file name .psb as the active tab, Photoshop will ask if you want to replace the file, click yes, your smart object image would be restored on that tab whether or not you choose to continue with the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Briana,

Sorry for the frustration! It's interesting that the issue has escalated for you to an almost 100% reproducible situation. I'm emailing you to see if we can set up a screen share to get some diagnostics from your system.

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac os catalina 10.15.3, illustrator 24.0.3, photoshop 21.0.3
the problem remains (((

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Same is happening to me in Photoshop 2020.
Fresh install of Creative Cloud. Mac Catalina updated as of 2020-Fev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEP, the problem is still here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with my photoshop screen freezing. I can still click through the different project tabs within the window, but the screen will be frozen on last project open. I then have to force quit and reopen everything. I have the latest update and still have issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate