• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 21.1.3 - Hue Saturation dialog not responsive

LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge reproducible bug with Hue/Saturation Dialog Box. 
Open a document, file, photo, then open try to manipulate Hue/Saturation, the slider moves a little bit then freeze. The problem is that it freezes the whole app. The only solution I found - one time again - is to kill the app and reboot. 
-
I'm sooooooooooo fed up with all these bugs on such simple manipulations.

https://youtu.be/nRZ3YdX_3xk

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020
This issue should be fixed in the 21.2 update that went out this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
113 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know for sure, but the threads on this forum seem to have a common theme that it all started with Catalina or an Apple update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, you might have reason about Apple. However this is not the first time it happens, and the last time Adobe fixed the issue, not Apple because it was a fail from Photoshop (a very similar bug). Then, If this is Apple fault (as you said), why does Adobe release a new version which was going to fail? The issue comes with the Photoshop 21.1.3 update, not from an Apple update. Thats why we all blame Adobe and not Apple.

Also, in my opinion, Catalina it is a free software, I am paying Photoshop, so I demanding an stable service from Adobe. I am sorry for my english, as you might notice, this is not my primary lenguaje.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Photoshop is a paid service. And in my case the bug resolved when I disabled Rulers. But in some files it's essential to use rulers 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ruben Arturo:  Well, sir, I would say that your English is very good! No need to apologize!  I would not fare as well were I trying to communicate in another language...

Catalina is only perceptually "free' It is a update for a product for which one pays a high premium: an Apple Computer, which costs a couple of multiples more than any Windows based machine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell this particular issue seems to have arisen with the Photoshop 21.1.3 update directly. At least that seems to be the tenor of many recent threads over on 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/bd-p/photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=al...

Ultimately I am afraid we can only guess at the root cause here and the Adobe employees who know may not be at liberty to go into such details even if this issue should have been caused by Macintosh ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I recall one of the Adobe people commenting, maybe earlier in this now multi-volume thread, that a fix will be in an upcoming version update....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took delivery of my 2020 MBP, returned to work in Photoshop and am having these exact same issues. Saturation, color balance, LOCKED UP and FORCE CLOSE. I do not like paying a monthly fee for a product that doesn't work. Tried closing the rulers tab but no luck. C'mon Adobe, this seems like a simple fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this "solution" has been offered elsewhere in this thread, but using the HSL tab in the Camera Raw filter has worked for me as an acceptible substitute while we wait on Adobe to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been using Photoshop for almost 20 years, and I've always had great luck with the brighness/contrast controls. In the latest version on Adobe Creative Cloud, whenever I have more than a few photos in the artboard, and I try to rasterize a photo, then use brighness contrast, the entire Photoshop application locks up. I'm using a brand new macbook pro 19 with 32GB ram, etc, so I don't think it's a hardware problem. Is this a known issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is. Temporary solutions offered in the thread, please read through. Short answer, disable rulers when using adjustment sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is. Temporary solutions offered in the thread, please read through. Short answer, disable rulers when using adjustment sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big bug with Brightness/Contrast sliders Box. When working into a file and try to manipulate Brightness/Contrast, the slider moves a little bit then freeze. The worst problem is that it freezes the whole app even the apple icon to force the quit photoshop. The only solution is rebooting manually my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hide the Rulers, 
move the dialog off the image, 
use Adjustment Layers instead of applying Adjustments destructively when possible ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have got the same problem with the new Photoshop version (21.1.3), which I didn’t have in version 21.1.2. When opening a saturation or levels dialogue for a layer or a selection with Cmd + U / Cmd + L, the application freezes completely. Interestingly it doesn’t freeze officially, so when checking the Mac task manager Photoshop is listed as working and doing fine. But within the programme you can’t click on, stop or save anything, not even hide Photoshop. This error can be reproduced reliably, especially with complex pictures containing several layers. If the picture contains only a few layers (one to three) the controller in the open dialogue does respond, but only slowly and reluctantly. A possibly work-around seems to be to uncheck the box for „use graphic processor“ under preferences > performance. But that also disables important functions I use regularly.
I have now gone back to Photoshop version 21.1.2 and everything runs smoothly again.
I am using an iMac, 27 Zoll, 2019, RAM 40 GB, the graphics board is a Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB and the  Processor 3,1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5.  A colleague of mine with the same computer set-up but a slightly better graphics board has noted the same problem although he struggles a bit less with it due to the better performance of his graphics board.

I have already contacted the Adobe customer support but they couldn’t help me as this seems to be an inherent bug that needs to be solved on a programming level.

It would be great, if something could be done about this please!

Best wishes

Charlotte

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no realtime view while using controllers (hue/saturation). After a short while (minutes) Photoshop is freezing. This is an ongoing problem as i read in forums. Adobe, this kind of issue is unacceptable - especially in a professional area. (environment: iMac 27" Retina 2017)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to move the slider for the color after hitting cmd+U, Photoshop freezes and cannot be used anymore until forced close. I can't use this feature at all at the moment 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed in the 21.2 update that went out this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 21.2.0 update should fix that, otherwise hide the rulers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others are reporting similar issues, even image/adjustment/brightness-contrast simply does not accept any input and is unresponsive, while the application is still running and not reporting unresponsive. Requires force quit. MacBook Pro 2016 15" Catalina 10.15.4, 16 GB ram, 60 GB free drive space, Radeon Pro 450 2 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB BAD bug, makes PS unusable for basic functions. Not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be fixed in the 21.2 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue!!! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has worked for me... well at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to 21.2 - the issue is fixed. No workaround needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've been keeping an eye out for an update, missed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate