It started to appear today with the new update to 21.1
In almost all drawing tools (brush, pen, smudge, copy, eraser, etc...) , after i click and drag a little to draw something, the tooltip will snap to the upper left hand corner of the screen space, (drawing a line to there).
- this is version 21.1 of creative cloud photoshop in Germany, also tested in english install, and switched to english locale, on windows 7 64 bit
- I tried resetting Photoshop to defaults (CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-Start)
- I tried resetting all tools to default via tool palette
- i tried resetting all brushes to defaults
- i tried restarting computer
- i tried disabling all other programms running (autohotkey, browser, mail-programs)
- if in brush i turn up "Smoothing (Glättung)" to something higher than 0% then the bug will not occur.
- the bug will only occur if a click-and-drag. Doing just clicks, it won't jump to the corner. Someone else with the same problem reported he also has the problem with clicks too, not just just with click-dragging-and-releasing (a.k.a painting)
- the tools that have no smoothing-% setting, i can not get to work.
There is a thread about this on the adobe support community forum:
Engineering is currently investigating this issue. Windows 10: Using Windows Ink instead of WinTab will avoid this problem. If you're on Windows 7, you can roll back to the prior update following these instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html Note: When installing 21.0.3 using "Other Versions" from CC Desktop, it will clear all preferences, brushes, workspaces, and other custom settings/preferences. Here are two ways you could retain your p...