• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Photoshop buggy lately...

0 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else notice photoshop being a little b!tch lately? Tools just inexplicably stop working and the program crashes multiple times in the same day of use? 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your specific question: no. The latest version is fine on this end. 

When Photoshop crashes (if that's what b!tichy behavior means), this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

If that doesn't fix the issue:
Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.
Still crashing? 
Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Still crashing?  

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks, I will try this. Hopefully it might fix the issue of tools that just decide to stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences - Technologhy Preview - Check "Deactive Native Canvas" and Check "Older GPU mode".
Also, record what you're going through and show me. In fact, it may be a special bug that only you are experiencing, but it may be a surprisingly simple problem. There are many things that cannot be explained in text.

And from my personal experience, Photoshop 24.0 in Windows 10 was very stable. Random crashes that began in Photoshop 2021 occurred several times a day, but 24.0 did not experience a single crash from the day it was released until now. It doesn't feel too slow either. (Of course, it will make a difference compared to the previous versions of 2019, but it is at least faster than the PS in 21, 22 years.)

And if you've updated it to a new version, delete the configuration folder itself. There are times when something goes wrong even though it's the same configuration.
A lot of people overlook this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I don't know where preferences are nor a configuration folder. On a Mac, I could find whatever I needed to find, but these things are hidden to me on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Menu - Edit > Preferences 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate