• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashed and now I cant open my file

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was drawing in photoshop when my computer crashed, likely due to it losing power for a split second (it's a stationary PC). My computer is kinda weird because when it crashes the screen goes black, but whatever sounds or music was playing continues, so it's possible that it still responds to keyboard inputs. This is important because I hit ctrl + S after it crashed, which might be the cause.

Anyway, when I try to open the file a popup saying "The document contains Adobe Photoshop data which appears to be damaged. Do you want to continue or ignore Photoshop data?" (Translated from "Dokumentet innehåller Adobe Photoshop-data som verkar vara skadade. Vill du fortsätta eller bortse från Photoshop-data?" as I have photoshop in swedish) with the options "Ok" and "cancel" appears. Clicking cancel just closes the popup and clicking "Ok" gives another popup saying "Couldn't open "(file name).psdc" because the document is not compatible with this version of Photoshop" (Det gick inte att öppna "(filnamn).psdc" därför att dokumentet inte är kompatibelt med denna version av Photoshop) and doesn't open. Also if it's of help I'm on windows and the file is a cloud document, and it's only for this file this happens.

Please help me recover this file or at least let me know if im just screwed.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when it crashes the screen goes black, but whatever sounds or music was playing continues

By @Emil26318154sc8l

From that description, it's very likely that the computer crashes in the GPU driver. Update your driver from the GPU vendor's site.

Photoshop uses the GPU for actual data processing, and if the GPU corrupts the data, that damages the file, especially if it's in the middle of a save.

As for cloud documents I have zero experience with that, but it should be possible to go back to an earlier version of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Emil26318154sc8l sorry to hear this. Could you share a screenshot of your home screen where your cloud docs are showing with the effected file?  

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines