• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Crashes/Freezes Entire PC After ~10 minutes [Windows 11]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having very similar problems to this post which never reached a solution from what I can tell.

After actively (won't crash if I don't touch it) using Photoshop for just a few minutes, my main screen will go dark, and my 2nd monitor freezes about 10 seconds thereafter. The problem started in roughly the past week or so seemingly out of nowhere. Perhaps an auto-update spelled my doom, I am not sure.

Here are some random bits of information which may prove useful in troubleshooting:
- I am using Windows 11 with the latest build, and I'm on Photoshop 23.5.1 (latest version).
- My main monitor is an ultrawide
- I have uninstalled all but 3 plugins (Brandfetch, Glitch. Pexels) in my attempts to troubleshoot.

PC Specs
Ryzen 7 5800X
32GB RAM
RX 6700 XT on latest drivers

RykerGFX_0-1664221665043.png

RykerGFX_1-1664221685656.png

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also worth noting: it's not temperature related. This system has been stress tested with every component 100% under load for hours to make sure of that. It's ONLY Photoshop which causes this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

If that doesn't fix the issue:
Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.
Still crashing? 
Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Still crashing?  

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is almsot too hilarious. I noticed when my PC booted back up from crashing, my mouse wouldn't be recognized by my PC. I swapped out my mouse for another one, and the crashing completely stopped. I guess HyperX hates Photoshop??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines