Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes on startup

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm running into that problem with every new update. Photoshop starts, I see the opening screen ... and then it crashes without further notice. Deleting my preferences and it will work fine. Until I close it and try to run it again. I'm running Adobe (latest version) on a laptop WIN (11 Pro / 22000.1219)
Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Martin

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try removing any plugins that you've installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let's try that ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

If that doesn't fix the issue:
Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.
Still crashing? 
Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Still crashing?  

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it crash or freeze? It sounds like you might be hitting this issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-won-t-reopen-after-close-need-to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines