• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop disappeared from my installed apps?

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed Photoshop has disappeared from my installed apps, if I scroll down to all the apps it says 'install' for Photoshop. It is already installed and I still use it but according to Creative Cloud it is not installed? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ian29689707nt0z trying siging out of the Creative Cloud app and signing back in again.

2023-05-02 12_11_33-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged, I have signed out and then back in. It's made no difference. Imac is running Ventura 13.3.1 if that helps. Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ian29689707nt0z 

click that install button. 

if ps is currently installed, the installer will probably start, find that ps is already installed, and quickly update your cc desktop app to show it's installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad, I clicked install and it installed PS as a fresh install on my Mac even though it was already there, it now appears as an installed app at least but opening PS all my presets and actions have gone so it's overwritten what was there I guess, a bit of a pain but hey ho.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

installing even a new version doesn't automatically overwrite a previous version's preferences .  you're given that option when installing new version, but it's not done unless selected.

anyway, do you have any idea about how the previous install was uninstalled (including its preferences)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see any options for preferences, it was click on install and it straight away started uploading. I have no idea why my original PS was not showing on the app window. PS was working, I had been editing images and later that day I went into Creative Cloud and saw it wasn't there. Even though it was still installed on my Mac and working?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, if exactly the same symptoms recur, open photoshop > click help > check for updates 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue since May 9. We have been traveling since late April, and I left my MacBook Pro at home powered off. When I turned it back on I had the same issue. I didn't want to do the reinstall for fear of overwriting settings. I tried the suggestions, but nothing has worked. Hopeing someone will have a better answer soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is photoshop installed and working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Photoshop is installed and working fine, but listed as not installed in Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

backup your ps settings

use the cc desktop app to install ps over the current installation 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines