• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop doesn't open

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I tried to open it, it kicks me out at the start. Photoshop does it very occasionally but that's only 2/10 after 50 times trying to get it open. I think I've tried almost everything. My photoshop is up to date and it still doesn't work. I even uninstalled Photoshop and downloaded it again. I've tried Photoshop 2022 and that doesn't work either. I even have over 200 GB left on my laptop if that should have anything to do with it. And it can't be my laptop either, it's only 3 years old.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same error, it has been going on for months now. I even tried to run the adobe cleaner tool both on photoshop and the creative cloud but no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really suck to my opinion, i am paying for something that doens't work. At least i am happy to know, i am not the only one with this problem. Thank you for your reaction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

(macOS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder*, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

If that doesn't fix the issue:
Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.
Still crashing? 
Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Still crashing? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it's still crashing, if anything now it's worst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. It will not open either from LR or directly from CC Desktop. Unistalled and reinstalled which didn't help either.  I would try the fix that @TheDigitalDog stated but cannot get the program to even open to try it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@phtont I tried all of those, they made it work for about one day, then it became worst and now it won't even open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jelle0D4D 

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines