• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop giving me nothing but problems.

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a real issue with Photoshop at the moment,  no matter what I do photoshop just locks up on me or crashes. When I go to load the app I get a pop-up saying could not load due to program error, sometimes it tells me I haven't got enough RAM (see specs below), then when it finally does open it crashes on really simple things for example drawing a rectangle. I also have issues when trying to drag something, either to size it, move it, or draw it. 

I have tried the usual tricks of turning off the graphics processor, reinstalled it several times, reinstalled the CC suit multiple times, updated to the latest versions of the apps, and have not yet managed to solve this issue.

Given that Photoshop and Adobe in general is a huge part of my day to day working life, I could really do with a solution. 

Compluter specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

64GB of RAM

RTX 3080

Running latest version of Windows 10

So not exactly a sluggish computer.

Thanks in advance for any help, it is all appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, That's not normal, 64GB should be more than enough for most tasks...

I would first ask you if you did try to reset your preferences: See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Then, I would point you to this helpx thread if the program error issue happens at saving/opening: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines