• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Installer failing on macOS 10.15 Catalina

LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded photoshop from adobe, installer fails with Code 1.Running on Mac os X 10.15 Catalina

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019
Hi all

​I am a quality engineer from Adobe, working for Creative Cloud desktop application. We are sorry to hear about your problem with the app installation and would like to investigate the issue further.​

If you are still facing this issue, kindly share the logs from your machine using https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html . It will create a Log Collector folder having zipped logs on your desktop. ​
​You can upload these files to any file sharing client such as CC file...

Votes

Translate

Translate
56 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing!! Worked for me, too, for Lightroom/Creative Cloud! Been trying everything for 2 days! Thank you, Matthieu!
You should put this solution into the other programs where "Adobe installer failing" comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here 20.05%

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it worked perfectly ! I just put (temporarily?) the Adobe files from the utilities library to the trash bin, and the installation went well !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tired this but cant get the cleaner tool to run.

“Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Anyone else get this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tired this but cant get the cleaner tool to run.

“Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Anyone else get this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get past 4.8%

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I am getting the same.  Followed all steps.  Did you find a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@matthieu thanks man

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Photoshop CS2 on my Mac for years but I recently had to upgrade to Catalina, and CS2 isn't 64-bit so it doesn't work any more.

So I purchased the Lightroom/Photoshop subscription, and that doesn't seem to work either -- trying to run the installer from the DMG I get:

“Lightroom Installer” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

I realize Catalina is still in beta, so the answer might be "wait for Apple/Adobe to fix things" but I'm hoping someone has suggestions.

EDIT: I can get past that by holding down control while clicking "Open" on the DMG, but I immediately get the error on a second installer that the first evidently spawns. Then the LR installer gets to 13% or 14% and just hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

​I am a quality engineer from Adobe, working for Creative Cloud desktop application. We are sorry to hear about your problem with the app installation and would like to investigate the issue further.​

If you are still facing this issue, kindly share the logs from your machine using https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html . It will create a Log Collector folder having zipped logs on your desktop. ​
​You can upload these files to any file sharing client such as CC file Sync, dropbox etc. and send us the public URL (at pahlawat@adobe.combhatnaga@adobe.com or vitalwar@adobe.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you a kind man. It's working thing!

But be carefull!
If you will choose all options to clean, this will drops all of your mac settings.
I still trying to repair my settings %))

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!! tyty worked perfectly, I have the Catalina 10.15.1 I did the cleaning following your link https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html#run-the-creativ... . Worked perfeclty now I can open PS2020 and even save in .jpg thing that I can't before when I installed the Catalina \o/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was fixed with the latest Mac OS update. Issue could be closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started cleaning, but the error remained. Therefore, I fixed everything as follows:

1. I downloaded Creative Cloud Installer on the Adobe website:

https://prod-rel-ffc-ccm.oobesaas.adobe.com/adobe-ffc-external/core/v1/wam/download?sapCode=KCCC&...

2. Installed Creative Cloud and rebooted the MacBook.

3. Next, I went to "Applications" and selected Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud as written here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html#run-the-creativ...

4. After that, I run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. But be carefull! If you will choose all options to clean, this will drops all of your mac settings. The user "Евгений Корчагин" wrote about this above and he is right, the same thing happened to me.

5. After cleaning, restart the MacBook and install Adobe Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started cleaning, but the error remained. Therefore, I fixed everything as follows:

1. I downloaded Creative Cloud Installer on the Adobe website:

https://prod-rel-ffc-ccm.oobesaas.adobe.com/adobe-ffc-external/core/v1/wam/download?sapCode=KCCC&...

2. Installed Creative Cloud and rebooted the MacBook.

3. Next, I went to "Applications" and selected Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud as written here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html#run-the-creativ...

4. After that, I run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. But be carefull! If you will choose all options to clean, this will drops all of your mac settings. The user "Евгений Корчагин" wrote about this above and he is right, the same thing happened to me.

5. After cleaning, restart the MacBook and install Adobe Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Cleaning up the old versions seemed to do the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have installed Catalina 10.15.1 on my Mac. This stopped Photoshop CS 6 from working. I have repurchased the £9.98 month subscription for Lightroom and Photoshop, but cannot get it to download beyond 9.8% and it then stalls or freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me!!! FINALLY! I tried just about EVERYTHING else on this thread before and nothing worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound stupid but its real!
I had to repurchase Photoshop after upgrading to Catalina.
I could not convert Raw to jpg. I also tried Batch and this seemed to work but I could then not open the resulting image file. I finally traced the issue to the fact that it seems Catalina was by default trying to open the jpg in Preview not Photoshop. Once changed it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this solution. !!!! I've asked Adobe help and they didn't mention this solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE

1. Remove all Adobe files from your macbook
2. Download install and run Adobe Cleaner Tool
3. Reboot macbook
4. Check this file  /etc/hosts  and remove blocked ip's
5. Open Terminal and run this command  sudo dscacheutil -flushcache
6. Reboot macbook
7. Show package contents on Photoshop installer content/MacOS/Install
8. Run Installer from terminal

Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! Catalina 10.15.2 here, and after having run the Adobe Cleaner Tool, my Photoshop Installer FINALLY opened and run the installation. You're legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate