Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keeps crashing due to AMD 7900xt

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am using PS 24.2 on a system with an AMD Radeon 7900xt (latest adrenalin 23.2.1). Photoshop keeps crashing for me after just a couple of minutes. By crashing i mean not beeing responsive for a couple of minutes (the whole PC stops reacting, cant even see the cursor) - until all of the sudden Photoshop is closed and everything is back to normal again.

I have not seen this behaviour in any other application so far.

I narrowed this down to the GPU, cause unchecking GPU acceleration in the settings "fixes" the issue, OR still using GPU acceleration, but checking the old gpu mode (before 2016) under tec preview.

So i have ways to keep working, but the experience is rather poorly - beeing used to the more fluent GPU mode.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GOLEM GmbH28793397vd3p how much HD space do you have available under Photoshop Preferences/Scratch Disk.

Have you tried checking Preferences/Technology Preview/Disable Native Canvas instead of Older GPU mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn't resolve go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste the details here. Only reply once - the forum takes time to process all the data in the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Did you find a solution for the crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines